Is this head to far gone

Mrtedsgarage

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I put it in the grill it cleaned up nice except for this. Is it to far gone? Btw this is my first time rebuilding a motor so any tips or tricks are appreciated.
B8AE498F-DD93-49D3-9C13-03B29161837D.jpeg

Not only the pitting but it looks like a broken valve guide too.
When you shop for a head try tio get the head and rocvker box as a set. Whe the made them they assembled the head and rocker box to machine the openings for the cam bearings as well as the valve adjusuter covers.
Mismatching the parts may cause oil leaks.
Leo

Btw this is my first time rebuilding a motor so any tips or tricks are appreciated.
Welcome to the forum!!
There's lots of info in the Tech section and the Search Forums button will turn up a lot of good info. If you can't find an answer that way, ask. Someone will know the answer.
Yeah, that head is shot. You'll find some on Ebay. As was pointed out above, get a head and rocker box with matching numbers.

Thats weird, I don’t get the sweet lollipop man header when I go there! :laugh2:
View attachment 189748
That is weird. I considered maybe it was a Firefox thing.... but I just went there using Microsoft Edge, which I never use, and those links show up in that browser too. :umm:

Wife also has Google Chrome on her computer. They show up there too. :umm:
Tried Chrome and Firefox on my phone and they're not there. :umm:

Back