It came to me in a dream....

JP50515

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Ok...a strange, strange series of events occurred today. It all begins with the purchase of my SR/TT 500. When I bought it, the guy lived less than a mile down the road from me. That was the first weird thing. Next weird thing was that he went to the same school (years ago) that I go to and knew quite a few people I know there. He was much older then me so that was also interesting.

Before I continue here's a pic of the bike the day I bought it.

full

The guy I bought it from said it was his buddies...and that his friend had passed away. He was part of a riding club that he didn't mention, but told me about how it had sat in their warehouse and people stole all the parts off of it. As I was leaving his property with the bike he asked me if he could keep the seat...as memorabilia of the time spent riding with his late friend Dan. I had no use for the seat and I could tell selling the bike wasn't something he wanted to do so I took it of and handed it to him. As I was taking it off I noticed a spray painted "logo" on it but didn't retain what it was.

The engine was seized on the bike so I started tearing it apart. Discovered a big bore, race cam, valves and a bunch of other stuff inside....but couldn't get the dang thing unstuck.
I brought it to a royal einfield dealership near my apartment. The guy takes one look at it, sees the numbers stamped on the cases and says "I built this engine!" He explains that it was an ice racing bike he built the engine on for his friend Dan, who was the guy that had passed away. He also told me I got the deal of the century for $300.00 and that there were almost $2000.00 worth of nearly new performance parts and upgrades in the engine (who knows if that's true or not...but i'll take his word for it judging by what i've found so far.)

While talking to him he mentioned the group they rode for...again I didn't retain the info. I was to excited that he had gotten the engine unstuck. But I remembered it was Moto-"something with an M."

This all happened weeks ago...

Now the weird part...

Last night I had a dream that I had finished the bike and was racing it around on a lake, except that I was watching myself in 3rd person, and the bike was in the same getup as when I bought it. At the end of my dream I saw the spray painted logo on the back and it said "Moto Mutz." This is when I woke up...and I thought about it for a second but that was it. So by chance today I get talking to a guy at school who does some ice racing. I asked him if he ever heard of a group called the moto mutz and he said yes!

Now I was curious. So I got online and discovered they had a website....a really old, like 1990's/early 2000's website that was quite obviously maintained by one person in their living room back in the day.

I found a section labeled "Ice Racing" and under it were 3 links. "2004" "2001" and "More Iceracing 2001"

Under the last link I found these....

Mind officially blown!

full

full

It is amazing what the human brain remembers subconsciously. :thumbsup:

This IS my bike...with two people who were never mentioned in anyones stories....the bike was never titled before me so I have no way of finding these people....but it brings a huge smile to my face to look at these!

P.S. the first photo I got in a text from the last owner when we were discussing the bike originally. Had to dig up my old phone today to get it off there. I guess if I had looked at that before today I coulda made the connection and found these much sooner...but it wouldn't be a very cool story that way...glad it happened the way it did.

And now for the rest of the story;

"Used motorcycle for sale, only driven on Sundays by a little old lady."

:D:):D

Great find!

Back