It Found a New Home

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know I`m really going to miss this one. A few weeks ago I was driving my Cadillac Allante and I noticed a burnt wire smell.:yikes: At first I dismissed it because after all it wasn`t a Jaguar. I pulled over, got out, opened the hood and saw that the wiring harness for the injectors was melted and the dist cap had a side missing from the fire as well as some vacuum lines and other wires. Looked like a O-ring from a injector to the fuel rail was at fault. The motor was still running so I drove it home. (about 2 mi.) Pulled in the driveway, shut it off and took a closer look. Not good! I started it back up and drove it to the backyard and put it away in the shop and removed the battery. I didn`t look at it for 2 weeks. I just did not have the heart or desire to fix it. Today I sold it as is to a guy needing a car project. He`s very mechanically inclined and I`m sure he`ll get it all corrected. Odd fire because it did not do any damage to the hood insulation or any paint on the hood or any other components. Now I`m down to one car and one truck. Looks like I`ll be driving my Caprice. Not on salty snow covered streets though.
DSCN0413.JPG

Stuff 058.JPG

Last edited:
Back