It's gonna be a keeper build

I guess i mean the forks are 34mm. That's the older style brake rotor. I was just wondering if i can use the 35mm fork mount caliper with the same style rotor you have.

Yes the '75's had 34 mm fork tubes. I swapped in some later 35mm and the respective triple trees to match. You can use the 34mm with a Brembo conversion it is just a different kit.

RG,Nice project BUT i am a diehard "original look" guy.I think the 75 graphics look the best off all the standards.Now that said,my father had a Norton and always liked that bike and the one in the pic looks amazing alought not original.Enjoy the new project,im sure it will run ,ride and handle great when your done.Thres lots off mods i could do to my 77 to make it run,ride and handle better but i just cant bring myself to do it,it just don,t feel rite!!

Wheels of progress are moving way too slow. The tear down is always laborious and not much fun. Especially with shelves full of boxes of all the new shiny bits begging for installation. Frame going to the media blaster this weekend and then the real fun begins.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 122
Moving along Frame is at the media blaster and engine cases. wheel hub are polished and misc. parts painted. Engine prepped for paint it won't be too much longer for it to be a roller.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 111
Looks fricken amazing RG.Comin along nicely!! Thease r a great bike for a project and to ride,think your in the havin fun stage off the build,enjoy.

Got the front end assembled and installed. Tried to mount the new rear tire and really F'up the rim with gouges. Should have known better and let a shop do it. Oh Well Mikes XS gets a bit more of my money. The sad aprt I need to pay to have the rim laced. :(

Over all I'm really pleased with the way the bike is turning out. Should have her all done in another month.

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 99
Getting closer to the end

I got the black wheels laced and mounted, wiring sorted a bit of an issue going from '75 harness to '78 instruments. All good and working now.

Today is install the carbs/air filters and exhaust. Maybe firer it up if there's time.

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 100
Back