It's just a question, Should Negative Members (Hater's) Be Banned From Site?

Should we ban extremely negative members fron site?

• Ban the Extremely Negative Asshole's!!!

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Let The Jackasses speak their Mind (even though it's pretty small)!!!

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • I could Give two shits, Whatever!!!!!!

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a free country. We can try censorship but I don't believe that's right.
You may end up on just such a list if enough of the people you want gone vote for you.
If some one who builds an unsafe bike, contrary to good advice then they should.
When they get hurt or killed it will be a shame. They were warned.
Some may think this harsh, but that's my opinion.
Leo

I think I would have to agree with XS Leo. Although some comments may not be constructive I think it would be worse to silence someone.
jefft

Its simple enough to ignore them. Its not like this is face to face or anything so I dont see why people should be banned. There are people that would ask to ban 5twins or gggary based on their harsh but true advice.

Amen, Leo. There's usually a bunch of nattering about "vision" and "creativity" from guys who go about turning a motorcycle into a nonfunctional fashion statement. It's usually an excuse for knowing little to nothing about the basics. The real artist/craftsman takes the trouble to inform himself about the medium he's working in. I wish these noobs who want a "badass custom" as a first bike would learn how to ride and tell a socket from a hacksaw before they start screwing around. I don't bother with them anymore, but anyone who tells them hard truths has my respect.

Now if you want to talk about banning twerps who pile onto troubleshooting threads with lousy advice and wildass guesses, I might support that....

I am one guy that just crap talking just for the sake of crap talking!
"excluding football of course"
I have only band things in my life. (personal property, basically if I own it I say how it will be).
So this is Travis place and he makes the rules.
He has been very easy going with us. :thumbsup:
And has given us a loose reins.
And like most clubhouses we have to police our own.
There are some jackasses here in our virtual clubhouse.
So I just give em hell back.
Anyway a banned person can just sign up under a new user name.
As much as I would like to say screw them. oh hell screw them anyway!
I voted to"Let The Jackasses speak their Mind (even though it's pretty small)!!!"

My bikes run fine......I give two shits.

ride1_zpsb7aa6335.jpg

there will always be negative nancy's and trolls. you put something up on a forum, expect feedback. positive or negative, you asked for it. censorship of opinion is never the right answer.

however, i agree with the opinion on locking some tech threads to avoid clutter and misinformation. makes perfect sense...

then where does it stop.ban someone just because you dont agree with them.sounds like a good way to f... up a good site.easier to just ignore what you dont like or agree with and let travis deal with the worst(hes done a good job so far)

I think the assholes are part of what make a forum interesting. Clamp down too hard and then it's like cream of wheat with no salt etc, nobody wants to partake. :)

Well,, Travis covers this problem in the rules.. If somewone is messing with the thread or you, then PM them and ask them to desist and if they won't report them.

No its not dobbing or crying like a sissy, it is plainly asking for some respect, and if it is not given when asked then you have every right to get the moderators help.

Why should the poster/thread maker be made to feel that he/she doesn't want to be involved with showing their build because of uncalled/obnoxious comments.

I just went through the 2 threads mentioned and in one thread there is a racial slur to the thread maker, that the moderators should have seen and if they didn't then it should have been reported. I will report it as soon as i have finished here and imho the member who made that comment should be taken aside and spoken to by the moderators.

Went to post an encouragement on the hard on build thread and it has been closed.

Com'on moderators check out why it was asked to be closed and do some censuring.

Quick enough to jump on me, but you will lose a good contributor.

No Religion-no politics and there should also be no Racial slurs in the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back