It's October, where did you ride today.

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, sunny and 80F in Wisconsin in mid October. You won't catch me complaining. Put about 75 miles on the Heritage Special. You know that bike is just fine for what it is. All but 5 miles was on county roads and less in the Baraboo bluffs and it was constant throttle, shift, brakes the whole way. Jees' I hate that. (BIG grin) Color is at peak and it is fine to be out. So where did you ride today?

we just got 4 inches of rain saturday over here in washington. no riding for me.
not raining today, but pet wants shelfs in garage.

86 and beautiful here in Kansas City. Just rode around on some back roads (40 miles or so) coming in to work a half day. On my way out I'll probably cruise around the lake and check out all the leaves changing.

a hundred miles of scenic secondary roads looking at the leaves, harvest in full swing so tractors, combines, and grain trucks seem to be popular rides for some people

now thats funny.... it does. But I think the little black birds got the best of the donkeys... Damn It!!!! at least the bears are eating panther stew though...

I took about a 2 hour ride to look at a goldwing this morning. Didn't buy the wing, but the ride was perfect.

Teebs you're really going to chop one eh?

I've just putted around the neighborhood today.. Went to the hardware store, etc. Also working out in the garage on a little welding table. It's 80 and sunny! :thumbsup:

75deg and sunny in central mn, rode for a little over an hour on the vulcan 1500, beautiful out. Must be global warming

I was not able to ride the xs . I did go into town however. I scored a Big brake light and some wiring and such for the 75.
And oh I was on my trumph does that count ?

I'm definitely going to chop one. I was thinking XS1100 or KZ1000 for a while, but I love the goldwing engine and I think it will be a fun challenge to make a 'wing chopper. I'm going to look at a 1200 tomorrow if I have time.

I rode for about an hour today.:bike: (no speedo,odo, who knows how many miles? who cares?) Mostly out west of my little city. Pumpkin patches, apple groves and stuff. Warm when your in the sun. Saw a cool chopped 50 Merc!:thumbsup: Then I mowed the lawn.:shrug:

We are visiting my brother in Richmond, VA. Rode our ZRX1100 250 miles, part of it down Skyline Drive/Shenandoah Nat'l Park. A spectacular fall day.

John

Around 80* here in Southern Illinois. Jim, the owner of the local independent shop in Carbondale, rode out this morning on a 2008 Zook GSXR1000 that a customer brought in to have the suspension sorted out--said the back end was twitchy exiting corners. Jim had been twiddling damping adjustments with no results but hadn't checked sag, so I got out the hoisting and measuring gear, including a 40-lb. tractor wheel weight to put on the saddle; with a gallon bottle of oil in his back pack, that got Jim's weight equalized with that of the 200 lb. owner. Laden sag turned out to be 1.1" in front (good), 2.8" in the rear (not good, needs to be the same as the front). Since I didn't have a ring wrench to fit (he'll have to tighten up the preload at the shop) we hit the twisties for a couple of hours--mostly unmarked backwoods blacktop, watching for random patches of gravel and Hardly riders coming wide in the corners. Not a long ride, but much fun. The really good riding will come in November, when the leaves are down and you can see through the corners.

Rode about 180 miles the past two nights. XS is out of commision for a while so I did it on the softail. My girlfriend rode with me today on her Savage. I got about 15 hours of sleep since thursday but I couldn't pass up such a nice day.

I didn't ride. Back surgery on last Tuesday has got me only looking at the bikes in the barn but not saddling up. It's not been a week and am I ever bored. It WAS a beautiful day though. :shrug: I FEEL like I could kickstart one...pretty sure something would tear though.

Back