It's still WInter

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
And I'm still bored...

mc6.jpg

You've all seen this, less the pipes I added as a finishing touch.

dozer1.jpg

Don't recall if I posted a picture of this which I built before I did the bike. Posted it on another site and one responder said, in effect, "Okay, wiseass, build THIS" and posted a picture of a Cat wheel loader.

loader2.jpg

loader1.jpg

So I did...

Now I'm thinking I need a dump truck and a trailer...

Great work DE. Seriously. Nicely done sir.

bh1.jpg

bh2.jpg

This winter has been a real pisser for boredom. Also, I'm trying to lose some weight and staying busy to help keep my snout out of the fridge is important. So, I started on a little more focused project.

I have an Ertl model of the JD750 tractor (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) I used to have before I upgraded to a cabbed Kubota. Some years back I started building a loader for it out of brass. For one reason and another that ended up on the back burner and has set for a year or more. Last week I finished the basic construction of that up.

When I got ready to mount it, I decided the paint job I'd done on the tractor sucked so I stripped it. Then decided the tractor needed a 3 point hitch so I could mount the blowsnower I built for it a couple of years ago. I've got all the parts for the hitch made out of brass and the mounting method noodled out.

Can't mount anything until I paint the tractor, and can't do that until it warms up enough to do it outside. What to do, what to do? Decided since I have a 3PH now, I'd go ahead and build a brush hog to go on the back as well.

All of this stuff takes a fairly steady hand and a lot of patience. The steady hand is still pretty dependable, but patience varies from day to day. Last week or so I've been bored enough that anything that keeps me busy is a Good Thing and my patience has held pretty well. Only had to walk away a couple of times for a few minutes. Positioning and soldering parts 1/16th of an inch long can be a little frustrating. Especially when you get one end soldered on and then it falls off while you're trying to solder the other end...

equip.jpg

Before/During

7504.jpg

Here's the result, after waiting on paint to arrive. There isn't a hobby shop worth the name in a 100 mile radius, had to order it from Amazon. I'm quite pleased, especially since the tractor and loader have sat half-completed for a couple of years.

You are quite the artiste DE!!

Please don’t go anywhere near the National Gallery of Canada. - they’ll be offering your $22M for that airplane.

Couple of more projects this winter:

splow11.jpg

splow13.jpg

Snowplow for one of my restored Tonka trucks.

chipper1.jpg

chipper2.jpg

A loose copy of the PATU DC4 chipper I used to have on the John Deere.

Too damn cold to clean/prime/paint anything so they'll stay in the raw until this Summer sometime.

Last edited:
WOW - that is cute as a bug's ear DE!

Some little chap would be thrilled to be able to play with that (and some not so little chaps too, I'd bet).

Cheers,

Pete

Really like it !
You know, Aluminum tanks and tails and bodies on custom cycles are very popular and pricey ! Are you headed that way ?

Attachments

• splow13.jpg
    splow13.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 90
Back