I've embarked on another anti-shackwhacky project - wanna see?

View attachment 158393
Is that for fuel for the tractors or fuel oil for the house furnace?
I can remember fuel oil being delivered for our furnace. Then we got natural gas, we was in tall cotton then.

We had oil heat back in 1970s rural Manitoba.
There was an identical tank located at the side of the house so the delivery guy could get his hose to it.
Oil entry was above ground through a 2" pipe so it'd still flow at minus 40.

We had oil heat back in 1970s rural Manitoba.
Growing up in rural Illinois we had oil heat until the mid 60s. I can remember the oil truck delivering oil, but I do not remember where the tank was.
It was a rural village. I can remember some of the other houses having outhouses and hand pumps for water in their kitchens. It was a different time. Dad used to hang a old bed sheet on the clothesline and use it to check the pattern on his 12 gauge before pheasant season. He tried to get me and my brother to hold it up for him, mom put a stop to that.

Well... Just that any farmstead worth it's (rock) salt has a shotgun. 'Sides it'll be a great little project for Mr. Miniature. then have it or a couple leaning on the porch mebbie with a game bag and a pair of boots. then there's the rocking chairs.
I really like seeing your work, thanks for sharing DE.

night3.jpg

Received and installed the yard light kit. Puts out a lot of light for an itty-bitty little thang. Diorama is pretty much done, the rest will be adding little details and scenes as they occur to me. Suggestions always welcome, serious or otherwise...

No. If it's really rural there would be a small patch of fresh turned dirt. 2 feet by 6.

Nah,
too easy for the local cops to find.
And the smart cops will look under the manure pile, too.
A deep-plowed 40 acre field is better.
20" augered hole way deep for the inspector and all his kit.
Salt the field with a few dead pigs for the corpse-sniffing dogs to find.
Take the inspector's vehicle a long way off and torch it.

Nah,
too easy for the local cops to find.
And the smart cops will look under the manure pile, too.
A deep-plowed 40 acre field is better.
20" augered hole way deep for the inspector and all his kit.
Salt the field with a few dead pigs for the corpse-sniffing dogs to find.
Take the inspector's vehicle a long way off and torch it.

That sounds oddly specific...:yikes: :laugh:

Back