I've embarked on another anti-shackwhacky project - wanna see?

Forgot about that post, and now that you have the detailed instructions from Fredintoon should not be any problems with the revenuers or property tax assessors!

Sometimes, technology is a wunnerful thang (when it's not being a giant pain in the ass...)
I needed a milk hauler for my diorama. I started out with this:
milk1.jpg

a 1/64th scale Ertl tractor. K-whopper I think, can't tell for sure.
milk2.jpg

I popped off the 5th wheel and cut a tank out of some 1/2" PVC pipe.
milk4.jpg

added some domes from my junk box
milk5.jpg

and some skirting from sheet plastic and popped it on the truck.
mmpa2.jpg

The crowning touch was a coat of silver metallic and some MMPA (Michigan Milk Producer's Association) decals I swiped off the innerwebs, resized and printed on wet transfer decal paper on my new Brother LED printer.

I'm considering a full interior detail on the house. Second floor, walls, stairs, furniture...the works.

...just catching up here....

For the interior, you need a TV with something like Gunsmoke or Bonanza playing, a couple of Swanson TV dinners on trays and a phone ringing with a call from the mother-in-law comin' in just as the show is starting....

DAMHIK.

For the interior, you need a TV with something like Gunsmoke or Bonanza playing, a couple of Swanson TV dinners on trays and a phone ringing with a call from the mother-in-law comin' in just as the show is starting....
DAMHIK.

Hi Pete,
gotta watch for anachronisms.
Went to a model railroad display one time. They proudly told me:-
"It's set up to be in 1955 so we can show diesel and steam locomotives on the same tracks"
Then I said "But the drive-in movie advertises a show that didn't screen until 1962."
Not the first time I've been told to shut up.

DAMHIK.

Yea but have to know if thy are on a party line. Ours was,I believe, two rings neighbor's was one ring. Had to pay attention so as to no answer for the wrong house!

kitchen.jpg

As I was dozing off last night, a half-baked idea occurred to me. You could simulate the interior of a building by taking (or scrounging off the innerwebz) a suitable picture, resizing it and reversing it if needed, printing it off as a decal and applying it to the back side of acetate "glazing" on a model structure's window.

If you ignore the quick-and-dirty framing job, the results are not bad at all. I did have to back it with a piece of white paper to get it to look right. My first thought was "Well, hell, just print it on photo paper then" but not sure how I'd attach the photo to the acetate or vice-versa. The decal adheres nicely.

Probably not an original idea, except for maybe the decal thing. More experimentation required.

Back