I've got a gremlin! Help!

jgimar

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i have a 77D which up to now has been doing just fine, until the other day i cranked it up and as i'm tooling down the road sometimes upon decelerating to a stop, sometimes on the move, it just ups and dies. it's like your moving along and somebody unhooks your battery. kick it into neutral and no light, no nuthin'. let it sit for a bit and the juice comes back up. very confusing. haven't found any loose of broken connections. almost like a braker or someting is closing or sticking open and shuts it down then after it cools for a bit, it resets and everything is aok.
anybody out there ever come across this mystery? all help apprecaited.
jtg:doh:

All power shutting down and coming back after cool down sounds like your problem could be in a few places.You might have to check a few items,the starter relay is where I would start.I would remove the cable going to the starter from the relay,put a test light or ohm meter to that terminal,turn ignition on,see if you lose power over time.It could be as simple as clean terminals and cable ends.You should also check ignition switch and fuse box.:bike:

Back