Jack's Information on Head Porting

What pictures are you looking for and if this in regard to D porting the intakes, I don't recall ever posting any pictures of d porting but i'll browse through my documents,may be I have some tucked away.

I have some Porting pics i got off the 650Garage. I think they were yours Jack.

They were/are for my own use and have/would never re-post for others without approval from you. They may have been an early set any way and been superseded. ??

I have some Porting pics i got off the 650Garage. I think they were yours Jack.

They were/are for my own use and have/would never re-post for others without approval from you. They may have been an early set any way and been superseded. ??

I've located a few of them but don't know how they would help porting without the text. I don't visit to the Garage anymore,so there are no plans on re posting over there. I'm continuously getting inquires on D porting the intakes for some reason but do to the level of reshaping the intake ports,I"m hesitant in doing so for the simple reason of failures of the epoxy not adhering to the floor. If the prepping is done properly,the epoxy will remain in place for years as I've already taken that equation to the test from my personal experimenting with my BMW. I got criticized over at the garage trying to help others in porting,not gonna but up with that shitz again.

Got them years ago, about 20 in all. Intake and outlet with arrows and letters on ports that haven't been touched, some have had some work and a couple of finished ones. Went back to get the written info but by then it had disappeared from the site

I use them for reference, and common sense with an understanding of air flow dynamics on curved surfaces, its not hard to work out.

If you have them,just post them. Photobucket has changed their format on up loading and I'm having difficulties trying to figure it out.

Pics from Jacks post at the Garage.

Exhaust ports

Attachments

• 1 exhaustport1.jpg
    1 exhaustport1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 621
  • 1a Exhaustport2.jpg
    1a Exhaustport2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 610
  • 1b exhaustport4.jpg
    1b exhaustport4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 595
  • 1c Exhaustport3.jpg
    1c Exhaustport3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 564
  • 1d exhaustfloorshortside 2.jpg
    1d exhaustfloorshortside 2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 599
  • 1e exhaustfloorshortside  5.jpg
    1e exhaustfloorshortside 5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 1l flows2.jpg
    1l flows2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 590
  • 1h updatedexhaustport.jpg
    1h updatedexhaustport.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 633
  • 1g Exhaustupdate.jpg
    1g Exhaustupdate.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 638
  • 1fdemoexhaustport2.jpg
    1fdemoexhaustport2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 615
Inlet/Intake ports

Attachments

• 2e intake6.jpg
    2e intake6.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 522
  • 2d intake5.jpg
    2d intake5.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 2c intake2.jpg
    2c intake2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 2b intake4.jpg
    2b intake4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 498
  • 2a intake3.jpg
    2a intake3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 2,  intakeblowup.jpg
    2, intakeblowup.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 513
  • 2j intakeportporting2.jpg
    2j intakeportporting2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 556
  • 2i intakeporting3.jpg
    2i intakeporting3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 526
  • 2h intakeporting4.jpg
    2h intakeporting4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 521
  • 2g intakeporting4witharrows.jpg
    2g intakeporting4witharrows.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 2f intakeporting4shortside.jpg
    2f intakeporting4shortside.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 516
I was asked about the porting pictures,so Im booting this thread, ask the questions and I'll help the best I can. Will add some context to some pictures,so that'll take some time reloading some of those images

Cheers Jack

Looking forward to seeing what context you add so I can make notes next to the photos I’ve printed.

Daniel.
going to try and relocate the images to back to their old home some time this week and will link it back here. It's important to pay attention
to the exhaust porting context regarding using the stock guide( If using it) and it's length,it's a flow blocker choking the port

I’m all eyes & ears!

Looking forward to seeing your head stand and a shopping list of all the tool attachments I’ll be needing.

Daniel.
Here's the head stand I've made that allowed better versatility in angling head for accessing the port's. There are a few images with dimensions,now I used what I had on hand,so just use what you have but dimensions allow you rotating head a full 360 degrees. Just click imgage.

Attachments

• XS head stand 3.jpg
    XS head stand 3.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 239
leg arms are 11mm by 6 3/4 " in length to center of eye bracket from bottom of leg support

Attachments

• head stand arm length.jpg
    head stand arm length.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 220
Back