Jetting for Mikes Performance carbs?

TheMonkey

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my project recently and included Mikes performance carbs (the PWK flat slide knock offs). Previous owner bought and installed 3 years ago but never ran them.

Still have the box from Mikes. In the box was the extra jets. Main extras were 120 and 130 with 125 installed. Guy I bought it from said the jetting should be good to go, that’s what he was told.

When I emailed Mikes to ask for a manual so I could set the floats, he said no manual, gave me the specs. His specs said 105 to start on main jet. That’s weird? Big difference from 125 that was originally shipped.

Mikes said they have no explanation, but repeated that 105 is the place to start.

As I prepare to get things set up so I can tune, I’d like to know I’m in the right neighborhood first. I was interested to know if anyone here is intimate with the below carbs and how your jetted?

I’m not at elevation and no air box, just the two pods they came with. No overbore and 1.5” straight exhaust.

I have searched and read, but any other comments on setup and balancing would be helpful.

Thanks.

upload_2020-8-18_23-39-17.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_23-39-33.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_23-40-0.jpeg

Back