jetting questions

jasongreska

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Trying to figuere out a good main jet size to start with on my xs1b. I have stock mikunis with mikes pod filters, pamco electronic ignition(also from mikes), mikes shorty universal silencers, and stock head pipes. All other components are set to stock specs.
I think I am running out of main jet on wot. At about 4 to 6000 rpm it feels flat. Any input would be great.:banghead:

Thanks Grinder, I guess I am doing some carb work this weekend. Of course I just painted it and now need to take it apart again. Oh well, that's Murphy for ya.
:shrug:

The main jet is located in the bottom of the carb behind the drain bolt, remove the drain bolt and with a small screwdriver you should be able to remove the jet without removing the carbs. Don't do this with a hot engine and do catch the gas with a small drain pan or something. Fire is never a good thing.

Stock is 130, so 135 or 140 would probably due for jet size. Start with the 135.

I sized a small screwdriver bit the other day; 4mm wide by 1mm thick. For you Americans that's .15748" by .03937". You can calculate the fractions.

The main jet is located in the bottom of the carb behind the drain bolt, remove the drain bolt and with a small screwdriver you should be able to remove the jet without removing the carbs. Don't do this with a hot engine and do catch the gas with a small drain pan or something. Fire is never a good thing.

Stock is 130, so 135 or 140 would probably due for jet size. Start with the 135.

I sized a small screwdriver bit the other day; 4mm wide by 1mm thick. For you Americans that's .15748" by .03937". You can calculate the fractions.

Thanks Man. I just found a set 0f 135's I had. Going to install em tommorow.

Back