1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jim, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Yeah... me too.

gggGary likes this.
  2. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

The red plastic insert is available from XJ4EVER.com. About $8

robinc, gggGary and Jim like this.
  3. jetmechmarty

Turmeric morning and night gives me some relief from arthritis pain. Try it. No side effects for me.

TwoManyXS1Bs, robinc and gggGary like this.
  4. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Thanks Marty... I'll check 'em out.

robinc and gggGary like this.
  5. Jim

Thanks. Reading about it now....

6. jetmechmarty

Not to go off topic, but it's anti-inflammatory. I take 500 mg AM and another 500 mg PM. Not a cure, but allows me to put my own shirt on and turn my head. There some other natural wonders to help stop it, but that's for another time and place.

gggGary and Jim like this.
  7. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

I take a 500mg Tumeric Curcumin cap every morning. Helps keep my bursitis at bay. My Doc even approves.

Last flareup I had, I was on 2400MG of Ibuprofen a day for 2 weeks! You read that right, Boys and Girls, 2.4 GRAMS of Ibu!

Jim likes this.
  8. Jim

Just ordered some.... be here Sun.

gggGary likes this.
  9. grizld1

grizld1 Grumpy old man Top Contributor

Jim, congrats on being well enough to think that getting old beats the alternative. I've had days that made me question that!

robinc, gggGary and Jim like this.
  10. Jim

Ain't that the truth....;)

robinc and gggGary like this.
  11. fredintoon

fredintoon Fred Hill, S'toon. Top Contributor

Hi Jim,
    while getting back on your feet will be a good thing I've seen friends get side effects from taking steroids
    that were worse than the condition the steroids were meant to cure.
    Like they said, switch to turmeric. And yeah, getting old ain't for sissies, eh?

TwoManyXS1Bs, robinc and Jim like this.
  12. Jim

Three more days on the steroids Fred, then I switch over to some other drug that I'm sure has equally nasty side effects...

13. mrtwowheel

mrtwowheel Honda Etched On Brain Top Contributor

Well, we've got 58 pages to catch up on in the meantime.

Wishing you better days, Scott

gggGary, robinc and Jim like this.
  14. spectra

spectra XS650 Enthusiast

Sucks getting old ;) I say that every day.............

Hope you feel better! and bike looks great so far!

15. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Stick at it Jim - not fun, I know.

Pete

Jim likes this.
  16. Coming along fabulous mate, been awhile since I logged on being XSless, the arthritis post popped up and my hippy backrest suggests apple cider vinegar as well as 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda or baking soda as you probably call it.
    Warning if yr on blood pressure meds dont take the above.

gggGary and Jim like this.
  17. Jim

Hi Chris. Yeah... been a while since you popped up here. How you doin' mate?

18. Hope it all improves soon for you Jim, your build thread has been a great inspiration for me on my journey.

TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  19. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Interesting on how this thread has gone from Jim restoring a 1980 SG to restoring Jim!

I went to the doctor about what I was thinking was a sinus infection and now she is sending me to a Rheumatologist!
    Probably need to ask why she's going that route.

20. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

'Doctor's notes:' "...the patient is using the restoration of an old Yamaha motorcycle as physical and emotion therapy. It seems to be going quite well. So is the patient..." :wink2: The Xs is a great therapy animal. When I was being treated for the cancer, and last year when I had my heart fixed, all I could think of (well, not ALL) was about how I was going to work on "The Basketcase". It is no exaggeration the Xs brought me back to life. Hope it does the same for you! :thumbsup: