Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

he lives downwind from a nuclear plant
...and on a clear day, I can see the "plume" from the cooling stack... :yikes:
The "toe truck" line has been a looooong running joke in our family, to lighten the mood of many a foot injury...
I hope your toe feels better soon Jim. Hang in there. Perhaps the application of copious quantities of PBR (taken by mouth) can alleviate some of the discomfort. :cheers:

Glad you're bike is okay and sorry for the toe. Those things take forever to heal. BTW, if this thread keeps up, you're gonna have to (ahem), uh, toe the line and move it to a humor thread? Sorry....couldn't resist. Hope you get to feelin better soon Jim!

Jim, this looks quite painful.

I broke/sprained all of my toes at once when I was probably 13 or 14. I was running at the pool... In about three inches of water, when the lifeguard whistles and tells me to quit it, I tried to stop all at once, well I slid into the curb bare foot, and as a result I have VERY thin toe nails on every toe but my big toes. They all curl funny, but don't hurt anymore. So I'd say there's Hope for your toes!! Hope it heals soon!

I'd like to add that I thoughtfully neglected quoting your comments about my finger crushing incident about a month back! Doing much better now lol.

Good thing it happened in your garage. If it had been out in the middle of nowhere, you might have had to call a toe truck.... :doh:

OIP.sfo8wtSWv74CpuJg_hhwcQHaFu

search

A thousand comedians out of work... and youse guys try to be funny. :lmao:
I do believe, even as old as you are, that your toe will heal in good time. Dropping that beautiful bike...... I think the sacrifice of such a small body part would have been an easy choice to make.

So... if you jus' knew in your heart I'd shine the backing plate, give yourself 50 bonus points. :rolleyes:

View attachment 153627

Got into my airplane stuff and put 2 3/32 AD rivets in the bottom corners to prevent delam. just to hedge my bets.

View attachment 153628

Drilled out the top holes so the rubbers are a snug fit...

View attachment 153629

... and assembled it per my previous post said I would.

View attachment 153630

Thanks for the advice Fred but I like the acorns... and they were on hand.
So... time will tell, but I think I whupped it. :D
Btw.... the smudge in the light did rub out after all... :cool:

G'day Jim,

Greetings from Down Under......sorry but I had you pictured as a Vietnam veteran.

Not trying to be critical but man you have aged really fast...lol.

GeeDub

G'day Jim,

Greetings from Down Under......sorry but I had you pictured as a Vietnam veteran.

Not trying to be critical but man you have aged really fast...lol.

GeeDub
I was in the service during Vietnam G Dub. The war ended before my turn to go came up.

Back