Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

FedEx delivery today....
Made for the XS Specials with the aluminum grab bar. It mounts directly to the grab bar. Has the adjustable backrest... with no tears. Chrome is in very good shape, will just need a little cleaning. The knurled knobs that lock the backrest are a little boogered... and stuck. Waitin' on the PB Blaster to work it's magic. I've got a knurling tool for the Atlas that I've never had occasion to use, so... :whistle:

carreir.jpg

backrest.jpg

mount.jpg

knob.jpg

I just ordered 2 55X10X1.25 allens from Bolt Depot. Should be cleaned up and ready by the time they get here.
So, the SG's gonna be sportin' a more utilitarian look for Spring. Cool.

Big shoutout to @jetmechmarty . You rock brother!!
shout out.png

Knurled knobs loosened up overnight. Cleaned and waxed the chrome and found 2 temporary bolts. They're not allens that fit in the recesses, but close enough for now.

rt side.jpg

rear.jpg

Check out the rear pad. It matches the 80SG seat.

rear pad.jpg

Now I just gotta figure out how mild or wild I want to go with the knurled knobs. Decisions decisions.....:rolleyes:
Btw Marty, fit was perfect.

Btw Marty, fit was perfect.

Good. I could not tell the difference between the XS1100 Special rack and the XS650 Special rack. As far as I can tell the rack for XS650, XS850, and XS1100 are all identical. That is for the Special with fat aluminum grab bar SG through SK. (1980-83).

Last edited:
Back