Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

A Little Tweakin'.....
The headlight stays were all splayed out like they all are. So, a little tweak here and there....

MVIMG_20180206_202712.jpg

And here we are....

MVIMG_20180207_175529.jpg

MVIMG_20180207_175541.jpg

Your usual awsome work there Jim! When I had my headlight bucket apart I noticed that the rubber grommets that the wiring bundles go through we're all dried out and distorted. I found brand new ones that were the perfect size right at Lowes home improvement center, really inexpensive too.
Carry on Captain!

Thanks Bob. Unbelievably, all the grommets are soft and flexible. I already had new ones ready to order on Boats.net and decided to look at the old ones before I clicked the checkout button. Glad I did. Decided to go with the originals...

Yes, that truck bed liner is tough stuff and should hold up well. Years ago, we used to use wrinkle finish paint on some things. It was also very tough stuff.

Spray on bedliner works quite well on the underside of fenders too. Some say it helps cut down on chips, on painted fenders, from stones & what not flyin' up off the tire.

....and for your sake Jim, I hope she stays at work till the stink dies down from that paint curing in her kitchen!
Problems like that are why when we got a new electric stove for the kitchen I installed the old one in the garage. Was easy as when I had wired the garage I had run wiring for a 220 volt welder that I never did buy so just had to make a little room and plug it in.

Now I only get in trouble if I forget to move her car out while baking something!

Still have to be careful if I want to run some motorcycle parts through the dishwasher!

OH! I do like the black bed liner paint, might do that when I get going on the 1978!

Problems like that are why when we got a new electric stove for the kitchen I installed the old one in the garage. Was easy as when I had wired the garage I had run wiring for a 220 volt welder that I never did buy so just had to make a little room and plug it in.

Now I only get in trouble if I forget to move her car out while baking something!

Still have to be careful if I want to run some motorcycle parts through the dishwasher!

OH! I do like the black bed liner paint, might do that when I get going on the 1978!
Yeah, shoulda' done that when I remodeled the kitchen. Careful about the dishwasher....

InkedMVIMG_20180130_141320_LI.jpg

This is straight out of the Lycoming aircraft engines overhaul manual. They've been building aluminum case, air cooled engines for about a gazillion years. I (and the FAA) tend to take their cautions seriously. Oil is an excellent lubricant. Oil/soap foam..... not so much.

The dishwasher's fine for some stuff. Not for engine parts though...

Wow Jim. I clean up and paint the outsides, but the insides! Guess I'd better step up my game. My hat's off to you Cap'n!

Oh, and nice.....acorns.

Hey Jim, been meaning to ask. What's the story on that engine staring at us in the background back at your door? Is that from a XS1B?

Back