Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

DANG IT, PEANUT! I just spit half of a perfectly good Snickers Mini all over my keyboard! I kid you not at all when I say I've been there and done that!

its one of those things in life like putting your head in the oven ........you usually only do it once :);)
Peanut wipes bits of a Snicker mini bar off his screen

this is a nice option, its very cheap, semi rigid ,very tough, easy to cut to length and fit to tubes and infinitly reusable ... its heating pipe insulation and is split along its length.
I use it on all my bicycle frames in storage to prevent the usual dings and scratches https://www.pipelagging.com/armacell-tubolit-domestic-pipe-insulation-13mm-thick-suits-28mm-pipe-1m
lagging.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering?? Could that 47 ftlb be the reason for swing arm bolts breaking?
At the very least... it ain't helping is it....
I suspect it has a fair bit to do with it Paul. That and as bolts and nuts are used over and over their threads tend to get polished. That results in less turning friction. That results in the same torque applying a fair bit more tension into the bolt being torqued.... SNAP!!
I always use the minimum torque (sometimes a tad less) on a well used bolt/nut for that reason

Last edited:
Lol.......I'll I say yes but you'll confirm with Pete exactly what he meant..........:laugh2:

Lol.......I'll I say yes but you'll confirm with Pete exactly what he meant..........:laugh2:

His bike - with him relatively firmly attached - was bouncing like a yoyo.

P

PS - When I resurrected Lucille, I simply measured the eye-to-eye dimension of the existing (horribly rusted and worn out) shocks and ordered a pair of the Mikes/XSDirect replacements for $99. They fitted perfectly and seem to work just fine. I'll bet they are the same ones that everyone else has bought. Afterall, Lucille is a bit elderly for really nutty riding and so if I want to scrape pegs, I'll take the SV650....
XS650C_side-cover-decal-Sept-2016.jpg

Last edited:
Rear fender is also a ten footer:(
Added to the list of stuff I'll use but get a replacement for the chromers down the road...
KD shocks measured out the same size as originals.

MVIMG_20180302_171144.jpg

Hey Jim. I`ve got a couple of rear fenders I was going to cut up but didn`t. One is shorter than the other. It might be for a 1980? Your welcome to them. Phil.
By the way "Great Job" so far. Keep up the good work.

I'd be interested. Actually, I was gonna call you later Phil.... you don't happen to have the lic. plate holder/ light, that goes on the back of the fender do ya?

You have to tilt them slightly on the way in and out, that's just the way it needs to be done. They won't lift straight up far enough before hitting the frame to clear the bottom. So, you lift straight up a little then start tilting the top to the right. The more you lift, the more you can tilt, and also start moving the motor to the right, and eventually, the top gets out from under the frame and out she comes. On my one-man cart, the lift arms tilt the motor as you raise them up and thankfully, it turned out to be enough, lol .....

RAg5hXM.jpg

XYZjirB.jpg

K-Mart called they want they want their shopping cart back!
Nice work 6T

That looks a lot better than what I got Phil.

I'm afraid it's a little late for that, lol. She's all cut up and sectioned out. Now, I do realize this is a crime of sorts, but I certainly don't think it's that bad, not like murder, rape, or those Wall Street assholes stealing our pension money. Honestly, I think those people should be shot, no trial, no years of back and forth legal bullshit, just take them out back and shoot them. The nerve of them to steal money from hard working individuals, people who put years into their job expecting a pension for their effort. ONE BULLET FOR BERNIE, that's all I have to say on this, lol. He already fucked people out of millions, why should we have to keep paying for his incarceration??????????????????????????????????

I'm sure there's damn fine message in there somewhere 5T.... just not sure you meant to post it here... ;)
EDIT: Just looked back at Gary's post.... now I get it.:)

Back