Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

Tour Max is not a manufacturer, it's a house brand label used by K&L Distributing. Tour Max carb boots are made by ARS, the original equipment manufacturer used by Yamaha. Tour Max boots can be ordered through any shop with a K&L catalogue (that's most of 'em). Their seal kits are also made by ARS (also OEM for Yamaha).
Thanks for clarifying. I knew it was something like that.
Great research job on the carb parts, 5twins!
Yeah.... saved me 40 bucks.:)

Holy crap.....

Untitled.jpg

Installed new LED tail/brake light bulbs....

LED Tailight1.jpg

LED Tailight2.jpg

Painted the metal bits for the intakes and installed with stainless allens....

Intakes.jpg

Paint showed up for the tank and sidecovers....... out in the heat for some wet sanding...:yikes:

Due to those thick gaskets, you'll want to re-torque the screws in a day or so. Lots of gasket compression is going to take place initially. If the carbs are still off, re-torque those screws several times in the next few days or week. Eventually the gaskets will finish compressing and you'll find the screws have stayed tight.

Looking good Jim, I was going back through your thread the other day trying to remember if you had already painted your bike. So you’re going to spray it? Is it going to be black?

Anyone know where I can source the little copper washer that goes under the main jet? One of mine is missing and maybe the heats gettin' to me.... but I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Hey Jim, getting a little foggy here myself with temps up to around 110° F with the humidex.
I've only rebuilt one set of BS34s but I would try measurin` it up and I`ll bet you could find a bag of 100 of them for a couple bucks at Mcmaster-Carr,

https://www.mcmaster.com/

Thanks Robin... already looked there. 6mm is the smallest they have in crush washers. This is considerably smaller....
My goto is Bolt Depot. No joy there either...

Huh, send me the size Jim and I'll check with my local hardware guru. Probably not then, but ya never know?

9.88 X 5.25 X 1.42 MM. Was hopin' they'd be included with the new jets. They showed up today.... no such luck.

Worst case.. I could make one on the Atlas from copper rod.... but you wouldn't think they'd be that hard to come by....

Back