Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

Wow, that is really cool Jim!
Man that must have been a lot of work, but super handy for everyone to find things. You're going to have to teach the course on how to do this for the rest of us. :D

OK, I'm working on only my first cup of coffee so it took me a little time to figure out the picture in post 960 was a screen shot of the actual index and I needed to go back to the first post to be able to actually click on the links and have anything happen! Does look and work nice!

Can one actually go back and edit an old post? I always figured once it was out there you could not make changes. I know there is the "EDIT" button down to the left where you can make changes right after you post something as I just did but thought there was a time limit to make the edits.

........Can one actually go back and edit an old post? ..........
a time limit to make the edits.
XS650.com is not like some snooty tooty forums that lock down post editing after a short time.
hint; if you think someone may retro-change their post, making your reply look stupid, quote their post, the OP cannot change your quote of their post. :sneaky:
As seen, you can also edit the quote for brevity. Changing the intent of the posters message by editing a quote, would be poor sportsmanship, and could get you an infraction :laugh:.

Jim that is so great that I added a link to your thread to a post in tech.
http://www.xs650.com/threads/troubleshooting.2736/

Last edited:
The only thing that happens if you edit a post too long after it's been posted is that it gets tagged with a "Last edited ..." label down at the lower right. Look at Gary's post above. He edited it about 20 minutes after posting it and it got labeled. You do have a short window of several minutes after posting to do an edit without getting the label put there.

The only thing that happens if you edit a post too long after it's been posted is that it gets tagged with a "Last edited ..." label down at the lower right. Look at Gary's post above. He edited it about 20 minutes after posting it and it got labeled. You do have a short window of several minutes after posting to do an edit without getting the label put there.

I find this editing function to be incredibly useful as I often read the Forum on my iPad or iPhone and they have spell "correction" which often results in MANY (and very odd) word insertions. Stupid Apple....:cussing: products.

Anyhow - about 8 out of 10 times, I find that my posts have serious grammatical or other problems which require editing.

Last edited:
Chill guys.... I'm creatin' as we speak..... :rolleyes: Gimmie 15 minutes....

Last edited:
Just had a quick visit from Phil (@halfmile )..... and he was bearing gifts.;)
A brand new, never been used seat.

MVIMG_20180728_130711.jpg

IMG_20180728_130755.jpg

IMG_20180728_131436.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's for an 80 and newer Special. Anybody have a good idea on exactly what year?
Hmmm.... even has that new upholstery smell.:rolleyes:

I think it may actually be a 1980 seat. Later seats don't have the pleats running lengthwise, only side to side.
Yeah... that's kinda what I thought, but wasn't sure.... thanks.

Back