Jim's TOTALLY awesome paint booth!

Two coats of sealer....

sealer.jpg

Great carpentry Jim, oh, and concrete work, oh, and finishing. Can't wait for the painting techniques.:D
Did I miss the size of this room? It looks like 10 X 12. Nice size for projects...does you wife like to knit?:lmao:

Yes to the insulation. I kinda like this plywood siding, so I might use that inside instead of sheetrock... haven't decided yet. And yeah... lots of LED lighting.
Jim
I used 3/4 inch ACX plywood on the inside of my shop. Sanded and then stained. Looks nice. Can put a shelf anywhere I want to.

Made the other door from 2X4's so I could insulate it and have enough depth for the exit filtration system.

Door Insulation.jpg

Cut out the filtration hole....

door cutout.jpg

... and hung the door.

both doors.jpg

Still gotta figure out how to make a threshold on an uneven concrete pad and install the filtration setup, then I can finish off the inside.

Off topic, but I was just watching the evening news about the 30th anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down. Hmmm... scrounge mission... found it!
The wall coming down signaled the the coming end of the Cold War. When I picked this up and put it in my pocket 30 yrs ago, I knew I was grabbing a piece of history.

Berlin Wall.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. I found the piece of the wall in a box with a desert rose from Saudi Arabia and some other odds and ends I keep as memento's. First thing Sue said was "you should make a shadow box for all that stuff." :rolleyes:

Thanks Bob. I found the piece of the wall in a box with a desert rose from Saudi Arabia and some other odds and ends I keep as memento's. First thing Sue said was "you should make a shadow box for all that stuff." :rolleyes:

Great minds think alike. Those things have value. It’s funny, I am the polar opposite of being a pack rat. I’m ruthless about throwing stuff out or cleaning out my garage. But I have tiny objects that most people would look right past. They have connections to people or places from my past. I keep them around where I can see them and they always make me smile.

All the wires are pulled. I installed a 220v outlet so I can bring my air compressor up from the shed. Two 110v outlets for whatever, and 2 light boxes on the two side walls, each with it's own switch. The light strips I've decided on can be ganged together, so I can literally run a continuous strip all the way around the room.

wiring.jpg

About 15 yrs ago I put an outside outlet on the concrete wall that had feeds from both 110v busses. That's where I plugged the generator in when needed. The power infrastructure here in Gladstone is ancient and we're prone to power outages in even a light ice storm. We once went 7 days on gen. power after a bad storm... so I consider those feeds essential. Ran two 12/2 feeds to the new outside. ;)

outside power.jpg

We've never had a back yard light, so I figured... while I'm at it....

outside light.jpg

Put in the insulation battons. :(:(:( I hate fiberglass.

insulation.jpg

And started hanging sheets of ply.

start paneling.jpg

I'll get that finished this week, as well as the trim, then I'll start on the forced air system.
We're 3 pages into a "painting thread" and ain't seen no paint yet. :rolleyes:
So... Gary, if you read this, would you be a pal and move this thread to the lounge? When you do I'll rename it and start a new "painting Tins" thread when I'm actually ready to start slinging paint.

I see it all the time, Jim. Before I can do this, I gotta do that. Before I do that, I gotta do something else, But first, I have to move everything to the other side of the room, then move it back. Yeah. One "simple" task winds up as a three week project. Now, what was I doing in the first place? :umm:

Dang Jim, you’ve been busy! It’s gonna be a really nice work space. That’s interesting about your power grid going down periodically, I’ll bet some of your neighbors were envious of your generator!

Back