July 2012 XSOTM Daily Rider nomination thread

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the July XSOTM nomination.

This month it's a daily rider contest. No garage queens, we want to see bikes that are ridden every day no matter the weather or place. If it's your ONLY vehicle so much the better. Saddle bags, back rests, fairings? Bring em on. We want to hear stories of perseverance and the miles you have racked up gitt'n r done on your XS.
Steady Freddy gets some recognition this month.

Here's how it works:
First, someone "nominates" a bike they'd like to see in this month's competition, Next, someone else "seconds" the nomination. Lastly, the owner accepts the nomination and they are in the competition.
First 5 bikes nominated, seconded, and accepted will be entered in the contest/poll.
Please only one nomination or second per member this month.

You can't nominate yourself, BUT you're encouraged to post your bike and description here for someone to else to nominate.

-- Nominators must post a photo.
Anyone is allowed (encouraged) to post and talk about the bikes, what they like, and ask questions like: How long have you been riding that thing????

If you make a nomination please let the bike owner know so they can follow the thread, post pictures, links to build threads, accept etc.
Start it rolling, get some pics up.

How can we tell if someone else's bike is a daily rider? maybe they just don't ever wash it? maybe they have bags on because they like to call it a bagger, but only ride to starbucks on tuesdays.:shrug:

We have to trust BUT verify,:shrug: Even if some nefarious rascal sneaks one by us, the sun will still rise next month.

I'd like to nominate xjwmx and Trigger.
From his posts we know this is his mode of transportation every day.
And he is racking up the miles in the Texas heat no less.
In the pic "Trigger" is the last in line.
Seems the Texas members actually get together some.

Attachments

• 3bikes.jpg
    3bikes.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 384
Ha ha. Thanks for the nomination. Here's Ol' Trigger last October. She looks pretty much the same now except no chain guard. The second pic is a couple of weeks later at Land Between the Lakes, in western Ky. Appropriately enough at Wrangler (horse) Camp....

full

full

THAT is a daily rider. Good on you xjwmx. Good ole honest bike haulin' the goods.

C'mon guys bring em on, you know you want to show em.

This month is a hard one. It's hard to know if people use theirs as a daily commuter.

I would like to nominate jamesgs4's bike. I think his is a daily rider, but I am unsure.

sseres, How can I believe you ride your bike everyday when I don't see any bug guts?:)

^Yeah, plus what's the judging criteria? How purty it is but not so purty that it makes people suspect you might also have a car? Or looks like a winner in a previous category except the owner submits an affidavit of daily driverness?

:)

This month is a hard one. It's hard to know if people use theirs as a daily commuter.

I would like to nominate jamesgs4's bike. I think his is a daily rider, but I am unsure.

Yep, daily to work and school nearly every day, and out of the country as often as I can! thanks for the nomination, here's some pics.
1341191482.jpg

Broke down in California on the way to the Mexican EDR 2011, missed the fun:(
1326779804.jpg

Mexico B.C. 2010
1341302512.jpg

1341302555.jpg

Kansas 2010
twineball_riding8.jpg

Vegas 2009
1341476118.jpg

Packed with way too much junk on my first road trip on it.
loaded.jpg

Last edited:
Back