June 2013 First time builds Contest

Not sure how to post pic's without using an image hosting web site, like photobucket. Apparently you can use this site to host images, but I am not sure how that is done. Create an account on Photobucket and upload the images there. Copy and paste the

Well ill get pix up on the build thread. Go from there. The real transformation is gonna happen when the engine comes back from the shop

This may not be the place for this post but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a FIRST TIME BUILD OFF. I just started my tear down yesterday. This is what I'm starting with....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 343
here is mine...

old school chopper.. voodoo frame, acme choppers springer, rephased 750cc, custom paint, should be badass :)

chopperupdate001_zpsa20da8ed.jpg

Damn, I got another week or 10 days before my build is up and running. Maybe there will be a slot open when I'm finished. I'll be back in a week or so to see if I can get in. If not good luck to the rest of you guys.

This pic is about 4 weeks ago, so I've got some more done since then. Right now I'm trying to finish up the wiring and then start it and tune (hopefully haha).

The build thread, I've been working on this for a while...
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18868

If you have pictures in an album on the this site you can use the BB code line to insert them into threads.

Do I qualify?

Had a shop do the hardtail and single down tube but I did everything else myself. I got the bike back on 5/19. I already did the tank myself. I did the new handlebars next. Mounted the rear fender on the 25th. I really started in on it on the first of this month. Had it completely stripped down to bare frame on the 4th. Did 130 miles on it this weekend.

D3047D6E-F8F0-43D7-BED4-9CC313E076CA.JPG

663C044E-26C0-4EB7-9AD8-E3E8BBD48E85.JPG

BFE25764-EDB5-4628-AA06-0AB723E927CA.JPG

Last edited:
Back