Just getting started.

I wasn't at the one that just past. That was all new bikes. The one I'm entering is Jan 4th thru 6th the the International Center. Still got a ways to go yet. Debating on colors now.

Less than 3 weeks to show time and still lots to do. Throw Christmas and New Years in there and that leaves even less time for wrenching. As for paint, it's not going to be. I've thrown a few different colors at the tank and nothing stood out for me. So it's back to the Ruddy Brown Primer for now. Maybe by the time the Spring Show comes around I'll have made up my mind.

According to my wife I have spent to much time getting this ready and it's time I should be spending with my family. I might be able to squeeze a couple more nights in but that's it. I should be at least close to done. Done enough to show any ways.

Alrighty, it's back to the ruddy brown primer and that's how she's going to be for the show. Ran out of time for paint. To much prep was needed to get her in color for the show. Did a little spit and polish last night to get it ready. Sorry for the poor image quality but all I had was my iPhone.

Here we go....

photo-200.jpg

photo-199.jpg

photo-198.jpg

Bike show is in 3 days. I'm really looking forward to getting my bike on display and getting some feed back on the outcome. If any of the Canadian members in the Toronto area are at the show please have a look and if I'm there please stop and say hi. I believe the custom/show bikes will be in hall 6.

Wish me luck!!!

Your bike looks well smart mate :) I don't think I've ever seen a monoshock conversion on an XS before, have you been out riding on it yet? I'm curious as to how well it handles and how comfortable it is.

Haven't had it out on the road as of yet. But I built a suspended bike as I have 2 crushed vertebrae in my lower mid-back. So a hard tail was out of the question for me. There are a few 650's with a mono shock out there. Do a quick google search and they come up. Thanks for the compliments, I can't wait to go riding this spring.

I know where you're coming from about hardtails, rode them alot when I was younger and still think they're the best looking bikes but I think I've just reached an age where my body objects too much to riding such things!

here are a couple shots taken by a photographer at the Canadian International Motorcycle Show today. I am getting a lot of very positive feed back on my build. I am having a really good time. More to follow....

photo-721.jpg

photo-1250.jpg

Just finished reading your thread from the start. Good stuff, man. I kinda want to build a monoshock bobber now after seeing your adventure thus far. Congrats on the 3rd place as well too. Well deserved.

Where'd you get your tail/signal light from, if you don't mind me asking? I was considering a similar treatment to my own project but haven't found anything I've liked so far. Was considering fabbing something myself.

Back