Just out of curiosity - Airplane Guys

Here is a video from the YouTube channel “Dark Skies”. It is interesting, but I have often noted serious technical errors in his texts- so I wouldn’t take everything as the Gospel....
He has 3 channels (that I'm aware of), Dark Skies, Dark Space and Dark Docs. All contain serious errors.

Just attempted to watch a vid about the Gloster Meteor. Interesting subject matter but gave up because the guy presenting it had such an annoying way of speaking. It was a Dark Skies presentation so I guess I know what you mean now.

Gave up watching World Superbikes a couple of years ago because just couldn't stand the commentator's delivery.

Have I become a grumpy old?

Just attempted to watch a vid about the Gloster Meteor. Interesting subject matter but gave up because the guy presenting it had such an annoying way of speaking. It was a Dark Skies presentation so I guess I know what you mean now.

Gave up watching World Superbikes a couple of years ago because just couldn't stand the commentator's delivery.

Have I become a grumpy old?

NO - now sit down and drink your tea!

Ooooppps - I mean......no, of course not Raymond. It likely just means that you're feeling a bit off today my friend.

All seriousness aside, the modern media cacophony makes it so easy for every twit with a $300 laptop to post his/her drivel far and wide that we are bombarded with poorly crafted nonsense. The Dark Skies guy chooses very interesting topics and then totally butchers them with inadequate research, badly chosen or totally irrelevant photos and error-ridden commentary that is annoyingly delivered.

Other than that - he's great!

On the other hand, there is a huge volume of good stuff on the web and the trick is to winnow-out the wheat from the chaff. The effort required in accomplishing that task is enough to put anyone off their feed I'm afraid.

Sometime when you have a minute, Pete, tell us what you REALLY think about Dark Skies...
I can count on one hand the number of times I've commented on a Youtube video and have fingers left over. Last night he put up a video on F-15's vs. Iraqi MIG 25's. Implying with no evidence that one shot down an F-15 in a dogfight. I couldn't help myself....

ds.png

He did one on the WW2 German tank-buster - the Hs129 which actually had a very interesting history and yet he made such a hash of it that I had to unsubscribe too.

maxresdefault.jpg

We all make mistakes, but he does it so consistently that I don't know why he bothers in the first place.

Pete

Back