Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing is as fun as riding up there, don't know what it is. Combination of things. If it makes you feel better, I think a couple months ago I read about them taking down glaciers will be gone in ten years signs that they put up twenty years ago.

Nothing is as fun as riding up there, don't know what it is. Combination of things. If it makes you feel better, I think a couple months ago I read about them taking down glaciers will be gone in ten years signs that they put up twenty years ago.
Then maybe that's a good sign (no pun intended)
At least I thought there would be more snow on the peaks
From what I hear the Beartooth can have snow on the roads in July some years wish I had the chance to see it
Maybe next summer I know the bike can make it again just need to go through all the wires etc.
Other than the electrical it had No problems

My baby got new shoes!!
received_876641836039237.jpeg received_2468728596694841.jpeg

Last couple hours of vacation so decided to take a ride up the coast to a place called Bouctouche, NB about 60 kms away from my place. It is the Birthplace of the Irving Oil empire here on the east coast of Canada. Was a nice ride and bike ran well except for a broken weld on my chain guard :(. JC
5BCDA895-5CCA-49F7-98EA-3561D8076716.jpeg

62D4DB44-543D-4245-B7B3-07B9299BEC57.jpeg

Last edited:
Last couple hours of vacation so decided to take a ride up the coast to a place called Bouctouche, NB about 60 kms away from my place. It is the Birthplace of the Irving Oil empire here on the east coast of Canada. Was a nice ride and bike ran well except for a broken weld on my chain guard :(. JC
View attachment 146952

View attachment 146953

Bouctouche is indeed an interesting spot JC! So glad you’re getting to enjoy some sunshine.

Pete

Bouctouche is indeed an interesting spot JC! So glad you’re getting to enjoy some sunshine.

Pete

Thanks Pete! I have been busy indeed. Been racking up the miles on my Roadstar the last few weeks. I felt bad my XS was just sitting there so decided to take her out for an evening on the road lol. Kinda missed riding on it, but love the comfort on the Roadstar ;)

IMG_0805.JPG

Thanks Pete! I have been busy indeed. Been racking up the miles on my Roadstar the last few weeks. I felt bad my XS was just sitting there so decided to take her out for an evening on the road lol. Kinda missed riding on it, but love the comfort on the Roadstar ;)

View attachment 146998

I feel the same way about my ST1300 - you can’t beat it for chewing up miles.
EFC1B7F3-A5ED-4EC8-8ABE-BC3A36F8AA6F.jpeg

Nice Ride Pete! I do believe my next ride will be a new Goldwing F6B....what a remarkable bike. It did everything that I asked it to do and many more things. Just a great bike all around and would not hesitate to go as far as I could on it in one day, very comfy. Took it home to show my wife and she loved the look of it. Was on it for 3 hours and what a blast. Have been trying out bikes the last few weeks (Yamaha, Indian, Honda and HD) to narrow down which one will be next. It's tough cause I do love my Roadstar.

IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG

Nice Ride Pete! I do believe my next ride will be a new Goldwing F6B....what a remarkable bike. It did everything that I asked it to do and many more things. Just a great bike all around and would not hesitate to go as far as I could on it in one day, very comfy. Took it home to show my wife and she loved the look of it. Was on it for 3 hours and what a blast. Have been trying out bikes the last few weeks (Yamaha, Indian, Honda and HD) to narrow down which one will be next. It's tough cause I do love my Roadstar.

View attachment 147000 View attachment 147001 View attachment 147002 View attachment 147003

I’m always attracted to simple designs over complex, but I have always thought that slimmed down gold wing looks nice!

Mailman it sure doesn't feel the way it looks. I was on a few Indian bikes the day before and could not believe how different it feels compared them. As soon as I got on it, first thoughts were "I am not sure I will like this". After 30 to 40 kms on rough roads, twisties and quick speeds....my thoughts were changed. Got on the highway and set cruise and adjusted wind shield and was quickly loving this bike. Of the 3 hour ride, I took it thru any possible road that I knew within range of me that I would ride. The bike didn't even have a flaw thru them. Only downside is the radio, but I don't care about that at all. I tried it to listen, but quickly turned it off. I sure don't want to listen to anything other than the bike. Does not feel or look like any bike that I have ridden in the past 5 or 6 years. Very impressive bike.

I have always read that Golwings carry their weight down so low that you really don’t feel it.
The magazines say that it handles and accelerates more like a big sport bike than a touring rig.
I read an article about Goldwings a few years ago talking about how complex the bike is and the article said it has more parts in it than a Honda Civic.
Extraordinary bike really!

I wonder how many of those parts could be deleted, while preserving the basic performance, and if anyone ever did a Goldwing "bobber"? Can you imagine a raked-out, hard tailed Goldwing chopper? :eek:

If you want a stripped down Goldwing, maybe the Honda Valkyrie is for you.
BB668E7E-AAA4-48E6-83BB-9115EEBC7974.jpeg

Or if you want a full on custom perhaps the Honda Rune?
918A1333-693F-4AD8-848E-FC0AAD38AC00.jpeg
FE9090A0-E446-4052-9690-5FE308C7D7E3.jpeg

One of my riding buddies has a Honda F6B (now, it is the earlier version...perhaps a 2017 or so) and it is a superb bike - BUT - because it is the bagger variant, Honda omitted reverse as a weight/cost savings measure. Having watched my pal struggle a couple of times, I must say that a huge and heavy bike like that really benefits from having a powered reverse.

I know that I have to choose my parking spots very carefully with the ST1300 (no reverse) - otherwise, I am at the mercy of kind passersby to give me a push backwards.

I don't know if the new generation F6B has reverse, but I'd be keen to check that before buying one.

BTW - a lot of folks in the ST1100/1300 community have lamented that Honda discontinued the ST line in 2014 (at least in most western countries) and so they regard the new-gen GL1800 as the ST1800 because it is smaller, lighter and sportier than the older Gold Wing.

Pete

Last edited:
A rare cloudy morning and the temperature wasn’t too terribly hot, so I rolled Big Red outa the barn for a little spin.
A54FC2A9-49FA-4A10-A365-E5E1494DC2F7.jpeg

I didn’t really go too far, I just wanted to give it a little exercise to keep it running good. I rode past the garage of a local car club and spotted a nice old custom car ( Mercury? ) parked outside, so I zoomed in for a better look.
E201B421-9463-455C-A49A-BBFD0E63511E.jpeg
E6FCF6F7-AEF3-42CC-A69C-4AD9217126FD.jpeg
EF5806A8-A461-4DEC-8EC3-15447F1CA039.jpeg
2190B162-C216-485E-9AD2-0B8DED8DBF1C.jpeg

My wife always tells me “Motion is lotion for the joints! “ as she heads off to exercise class. I think the same holds true for our old bikes. Use them or lose them!

Yup got rid of the Venture, had it gggGaryized the way I liked and had rolled up 12,000 miles on it but 890 lbs. is just too danged heavy.
Still haven't settled on a replacement touring/camping rig. But it's gonna be at least 300 lbs less.

Last edited:
Back