Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bullet in a Blue Sky

Just out tooling around today, it was 70 degrees and sunny, I was out bedding in my new front brakes.
First I swung through some nearby desert foothills,
0FFE6B70-D0B8-42A8-9CF4-54C87D91A81D.jpeg

Then I swung East and headed through farmland. When I grew up around here, Phoenix was an agricultural town.
There used to be more farmland than houses, they seemed to run on forever, and miles and miles of citrus orchards too. It’s mostly gone now and that is very sad to me. I live on the outskirts of town and you can still find some farm land, but it’s pockets here and there with neighborhoods nearby and it’s all being paved over at break neck speed. Ah well....such is progress.
Here in the desert, irrigation is the name of the game. Nothing grows without it. I passed fields of winter crops today, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
81BEDA4C-69D8-4E07-A1D8-054C5DECA69D.jpeg

But then my eyes caught F-35s circling over Luke AFB, so I headed over to see if I could get a closer look.
The runway, lies just across that field. The pilots were practicing touch and go landings and low level fly overs.
I must’ve took a hundred photos and most of them did not come out, because my phone has an auto focus feature that cannot be worked around, and those jets are so damn fast, my camera was constantly trying to re focus.
There were several cars parked where I was , watching the free air show.
5929D64F-67B6-4F00-BADF-F406E031ACDF.jpeg

2BC9F17A-E5A7-4EBE-965A-0A319DF766A7.jpeg
193E69FF-2E9E-4CAD-B7E4-8DD7023E4D1B.jpeg
5DB68D57-A81A-477C-8B6E-5F871ADA8E3A.jpeg
CF0C4AD9-008D-4D3F-B32A-93181B3F2FEE.jpeg
76913B8F-CCFB-4FD3-8040-075A0B5AD8FD.jpeg

These jets are the soundtrack to my life. I hear them day and night, I have never minded, they are the embodiment of American technical prowess.
1E62F974-6C36-452B-A5B9-1A7C95A3D360.jpeg

On my way back home, I rode past big fields of roses. Most people would never guess but Phoenix desert climate is just about ideal for growing roses. The roses get dug up and packaged in the winter and shipped all over the country as bare root. Many carry the Jackson Perkins brand.
4C687461-2B44-465B-AAD6-2D79DA8C0F32.jpeg
2D864430-4069-4615-BAC3-B1009EA4CA30.jpeg

Winter in Arizona and I’m out rambling around on old motorcycles. See you around,
Bob

Mailman, Buddy, I mean this in the most respectful, friendly way possible...but you suck.

Sorry brother, I’m really not trying to rub it in. Your seasons and mine are just reversed, winter is our riding season. Most of the summer, I’m hiding inside my air conditioned house. :unsure:

Sorry brother, I’m really not trying to rub it in. Your seasons and mine are just reversed, winter is our riding season. Most of the summer, I’m hiding inside my air conditioned house. :unsure:

Yeah, I know. I have a brother in Green Valley and another somewhere around Scottsdale last I knew. I'm better with the cold than the heat, tho it's getting a little harder every year.

The one in Green Valley is...ummmm...."comfortable" and spends his Summers in the mountains of New Mexico. Sounds like the way to go to me!

I dont care give me the desert convection oven heat..I love it...it would suck the arthritis right out of this old bag o' bones...i hate it now..I'm in constant pain and aching..nothing not even my meds can totally alleviate it..but 3 days in the desert dessicator would suck it right outta me...:eek:

Spent most of the day replacing seals and adjusting the garage door. It was long overdue. About 45° this morning when I started. By the time I'd finished at 2, it was about 60° and I was listening to what sounded like hundreds of bikes out getting "one more ride" in before the big slumber. Hell... I'll play. :sneaky: Spent the remaining 2 hrs of daylight just putterin' around. I did run her out to 85mph once. that's the fastest I've pushed her since the overhaul. She sez she can easily do a ton. :smoke:
Back in town I was in the left turn lane when an old guy in an SUV stopped and held up traffic behind him so he could give us the once over. When the cars behind started beepn' the horns he grinned, gave us a big thumbs up and moved on.
Only got a few pics. I was havin' too much fun. :rolleyes:
Happy Rock Park in my little town of Gladstone. Couple of very nice baseball diamonds.... empty 'till next Spring. Funny, when takin' the pic it suddenly dawned on me that 'round these parts, baseball players and bikers are both 'boys of summer.' We share the same season.

Happy rock.jpg

fall 2.jpg

Back in the 'hanger'... snug and content. :)

back in hanger.jpg

Last edited:
Back