Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spent most of the day replacing seals and adjusting the garage door. It was long overdue. About 45° this morning when I started. By the time I'd finished at 2, it was about 60° and I was listening to what sounded like hundreds of bikes out getting "one more ride" in before the big slumber. Hell... I'll play. :sneaky: Spent the remaining 2 hrs of daylight just putterin' around. I did run her out to 85mph once. that's the fastest I've pushed her since the overhaul. She sez she can easily do a ton. :smoke:
Back in town I was in the left turn lane when an old guy in an SUV stopped and held up traffic behind him so he could give us the once over. When the cars behind started beepn' the horns he grinned, gave us a big thumbs up and moved on.
Only got a few pics. I was havin' too much fun. :rolleyes:
Happy Rock Park in my little town of Gladstone. Couple of very nice baseball diamonds.... empty 'till next Spring. Funny, when takin' the pic it suddenly dawned on me that 'round these parts, baseball players and bikers are both 'boys of summer.' We share the same season.

View attachment 154797

View attachment 154798

Back in the 'hanger'... snug and content. :)

View attachment 154799

I’m so happy to hear you were able to get out again! Seems like only yesterday you had a dusting of snow and they were salting the streets around your house. Hopefully it won’t be the last chance you get!

You know it, Tim! Very specialized cars (drivers too!). 185 mph on the straightaways. Not quite Indy, but close enough for us hicks from the sticks! :wink2:

Rode the e-bike to the orchard for Goldens and Ida reds, then had to get eggs so about a 50 mile round trip on madness at sunset, (comes too danged early)
20191125_155943.jpg

She was a bit grumpy about starting, but finally rumbled to life. Waved to 3 other bikers out (all Harleys) Was leery of deer specially with gun season open but didn't see any.

Most mills I've seen swing the tail over to put the blades out of the wind. Aeromill I think.

Pushing 50 degrees today with a few good rains having washed the roads of the salt from a few weeks ago. Got another 25mi in among the rolling hills of Fenton, MO. Old farm country slowly being converted to residential, what else is new? For sale signs on quite a few dormant fields. Mostly blue skies with fluffy white clouds scooting by. Trees just about bare, dry leaves blowing across the road by the brisk gusty wind.

I tell ya, I only learned to ride two wheels about five years ago and 99.9% of it on Phoenix city streets. Flat and straight as can be. Riding these rolling hills is much more interesting!

Pushing 50 degrees today with a few good rains having washed the roads of the salt from a few weeks ago. Got another 25mi in among the rolling hills of Fenton, MO. Old farm country slowly being converted to residential, what else is new? For sale signs on quite a few dormant fields. Mostly blue skies with fluffy white clouds scooting by. Trees just about bare, dry leaves blowing across the road by the brisk gusty wind.

I tell ya, I only learned to ride two wheels about five years ago and 99.9% of it on Phoenix city streets. Flat and straight as can be. Riding these rolling hills is much more interesting!
Pictures, Daniel, Pictures ! :);)

Saw 42 today, we had rain earlier in the week, washed the salt off the main roads. So got a chance to ride the Thunderbolt for the first time. Only 20 miles, sun was setting. :)
F1CB4983-4010-4526-835F-8204C4940741.jpeg

Gary , given your affection for Buells and your tendency to ride long distances, have you ever considered a Ulysses? I rode one at a bike show once and was very impressed with it, if a little tall for my short legs.
BAD711EE-A348-4B64-AD01-A336D498EA54.jpeg

Back