1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Just Ride.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jim, May 10, 2019.

1. Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Nah... threads good enough.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Absolutely love it! This is twice now I’ve had it out on the highway. The bike feels so much smoother and I feel much more relaxed with the taller bars, I just feel so much better at the end of a long ride. I was even using my highway pegs more today for just the reason I wanted, to give my knees and hips a stretch, it doesn’t take long to get some relief.

MaxPete, 2XSive and Jim like this.
  2. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher Top Contributor

The pull-backs on my xs do the same for me. I love your luggage rack. Wish I could find one like it for my 77.

MaxPete likes this.
  3. Mailman

That was a NOS I found on EBay. I have seen them show up from time to time. Here are the details.
    3C271429-6F16-4964-B924-5D870FF80F1D.jpeg 3B0385B2-8E70-4B9B-98E4-14326DF6E9D4.jpeg 8797116A-E51E-4299-8BBD-24DF6B173374.jpeg

MaxPete, jetmechmarty, 2XSive and 2 others like this.
  4. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Nothing beats a sack lunch !
    Great wildflowers pics, Bob !

5. Mailman

Thanks Jeff!

Jim likes this.
  6. thuban

On Ebay...ohhh, that's right , Bob . I remember when you scored it! Amco, 95326. Thanks. I'll keep a look out.

MaxPete, Jim and Mailman like this.
  7. Rode around for a good 4 hours today with a friend on his TW200. He had his nighthawk out and boy oh boy did it feel good to forget about the global shut down for awhile.

That little bike just goes anywhere, and with the bigger sprocket I put on a few months back for him, it hits about 70mph now! Pretty quick for a trail trotter.

We went through a place in PA called "fishing Creek" there's spots where you cross bridges that are low enough for the water to run over top of them. Makes for a fun trail.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself today.

Attached Files:

MaxPete, JAX71224, gggGary and 5 others like this.
  8. 2XSive

2XSive At least one screw loose behind the handle bars XS650.com Supporter

Beautiful photos Bob. Jealous jealous. Gives us Northernors some hope as I look out my garage windows with snow blowing at 25 degrees. At least we had a good rain soak prior to the snow to wash all the salt off the roads. Supposed to be 50 next week so just maybe can shake the cobwebs from the spokes.

9. Mailman

Thanks buddy, your day will be here soon. I know you guys are ready to get back out.

MaxPete, gggGary, GLJ and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mailman

Staying home and going for walks twice a day, just isn’t enough. So I paid a visit to Dr. Yamaha.
    Doctor doctor tell me the news, I got a bad case of the homebound blues. :confused:
    AA6464FC-204F-4564-BCA4-1F23F91C3147.jpeg FFF9B4F0-4087-4DE6-BA5E-A0DA98BDBCE2.jpeg EB35C504-F9A6-4C1C-A65B-722FCC7070D0.jpeg 05198CB2-94DB-42F2-9F92-59D7444E727D.jpeg

I may have to buys some knobbies for my little mule! :sneaky:
    823C2EA6-2964-402D-B103-8F34D21FA301.jpeg

MaxPete, Superjet, Raymondo and 10 others like this.
  11. thuban

Great pix! :thumbsup: It's what I would be doing but I have to wait to see if my baby chicks show up.

12. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

Arrrrrgh. 3 inches of snow yesterday...

MaxPete, thuban, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  13. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

This time of year I just call it white rain

MaxPete and Mailman like this.
  14. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Looks nice out there I'm just hoping we don't go into a complete lockdown before it gets warm enough here
    Keep the pics coming!

MaxPete, Mailman and YamadudeXS650C like this.
  15. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    are those pics with the picnic tables a campground with a name?

16. Mailman

Hi,
    Here’s a link to all info about Lake Pleasant regional Park

https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/park-locator/lake-pleasant-regional-park/

There are improved campgrounds all around the lake, and a lot of people camp in unimproved ( no facilities) areas along the shore line. It’s really a nice lake with all kinds of designated hiking trails in the surrounding mountains. And decent restrooms are provided around the lake.

On this map, I entered at the Northern most point #1 on the map, and where I took the photographs having lunch, #3 on the map, were strictly ramadas, no campground but there was a parking lot for a hiking trail head that started there.
    7C8CEE47-742E-4F34-9CBF-A95A8D9F3BB2.jpeg

17. YamadudeXS650C

Here in New York State we are under a Stay-At-Home Order.
    Essential driving, only, altho they aren't yet handing out tickets to scofflaws.
    The Order has cleared the roads of motorcycles.....
    except mine.
    Heck, I'm just making some gas station somewhere (for the essential non-ethanol petrol) my destination.
    I save my receipt for proof of the excursion.

Wednesday it was 48 degrees F but sunny, so out came The Twins, the '82 and the '83.
    Still shaking down the '82 after all the renovation work I did,
    and getting a feel for the new gearing on the '83 (I like it).
    The '82 now has handlebars from a '75, more comfy for my long Catskills excursions.

It will take a full lockdown to keep me at home.

Twins.jpg

MaxPete, TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim and 9 others like this.
  18. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Hey Dude---Glad you are able to still get out and get a little seat time. It's good for your head to get out and feel normal. You know what they say, "you never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office". The weather here may cooperate in a few days and I'm looking forward to getting out for a buzz.....

tim

MaxPete, Jim, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  19. YamadudeXS650C

Go for it !

MaxPete, Jim, 59Tebo and 2 others like this.
  20. thuban

...save my receipt for proof of the excursion. What a good idea! :thumbsup:
    (That happy never looks like a thumbs-up to me. I'm suspicious.)

MaxPete, Jim, gggGary and 1 other person like this.