Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A thunderstorm blew through last night, dropping temperatures down to a human level. So this morning I drug Old Blackie outa the barn and went for a blast. No stopping for photos today, I just wanted to fly.

Riding on a lonesome two lane highway
Early morning , the air still smells of rain
Trying to find the last wide open spaces
This old man and his flying carpet made of steel
All along his southwest odyssey
The motor keeps a steady beat
As he rolls along past houses farms and fields
Passing towns that time forgot
and the graveyards of the early pioneers

my apologies to Arlo Guthrie for butchering his song. :cool:
View attachment 173823
Sing it Arlo.... :D

A thunderstorm blew through last night, dropping temperatures down to a human level. So this morning I drug Old Blackie outa the barn and went for a blast. No stopping for photos today, I just wanted to fly.

Riding on a lonesome two lane highway
Early morning , the air still smells of rain
Trying to find the last wide open spaces
This old man and his flying carpet made of steel
All along his southwest odyssey
The motor keeps a steady beat
As he rolls along past houses farms and fields
Passing towns that time forgot
and the graveyards of the early pioneers

my apologies to Arlo Guthrie for butchering his song. :cool:
View attachment 173823
Steve Goodman - City of New Orleans ?
I'm to slow on the draw

Steve Goodman - City of New Orleans ?
I'm to slow on the draw

Yes, that’s the song,
Steve Goodman wrote the song, and I admit I’ve never listened to his version, I’m going to have to rectify that!
Arlo Guthrie’s performance of it was the one I always remembered. :)

Yes, that’s the song,
Steve Goodman wrote the song, and I admit I’ve never listened to his version, I’m going to have to rectify that!
Arlo Guthrie’s performance of it was the one I always remembered. :)
Back when I had more hair we used to go see Steve Goodman and John Prine and John Hartford in the Twin Cities
And Arlo came to town here on the 50th? anniversary of Alice's Restaurant
Sang the whole song (which is a bit long)

Back when I had more hair we used to go see Steve Goodman and John Prine and John Hartford in the Twin Cities
And Arlo came to town here on the 50th? anniversary of Alice's Restaurant
Sang the whole song (which is a bit long)

John Prine, another great songwriter, with a distinctive voice. Died this year at 73, from complications of Covid. I was just listening to him this morning “ Paradise”

C9964F2C-285C-438F-81D0-61564B10752C.jpeg

John Prine, another great songwriter, with a distinctive voice. Died this year at 73, from complications of Covid.

View attachment 173839
Every song he sang started with a story about the inspiration for it
The songs were good but the stories made it even better

John Prine, another great songwriter, with a distinctive voice. Died this year at 73, from complications of Covid. I was just listening to him this morning “ Paradise”

View attachment 173839
That one hurt. I was supposed to see John Prine this summer but the festival was canceled due to COVID then he passed away

Okay, that made me a little misty.

With all the bullshit going on these days, we, or at least I, tend to forget that that America is still out there.
This one's been known to get "dust" in your eyes too.... ;) Excellent scenery pics.

This really takes me back, my first experience of stereo headphones and this album.
Sublime songs, sublime lyrics, sublime acoustic guitar. Makes me wonder what they could have produced had they continued together.

Well, it was finally my turn at the DMV today after riding dirty for two months on my Stratoliner. I was so ticked off when I had to wait for my appointment and when I got there, I was told most of their credit card machines were down and I did not have much paper money today. Yet as I got my window thinking I would have to go out for an ATM withdrawal, their machines came back on line. A few minutes later, I was out the door and Yamato is finally titled in my name and street legal.

On the way back to work, I saw two bikers and a bike stopped under the overpass so I decided to pull over and see if I could help. Imagine my surprise as I slowed down from maybe 20mph over the limit and I see the second bike; both in the famous colors of our county's finest. Before I came to a stop I had my blinker on to merge back onto the highway hoping they weren't going to wave me over; they didn't and as I passed I hollered out just checking if you guys are okay. One waved back and the other smiled and motioned for me to keep it down.

I got back to work a few minutes later feeling quite happy.

After work, I had to go by the pharmacy to get a lovely drink for tomorrow's scope. I texted Pretty Pillion that I was headed there unless I got soaked. Luckily, the rain was light and I only got the front of my legs wet so I continued. My arms dried out a few minutes after the rain stopped.

The military pharmacy is usually extremely slow and more so now that C19 has hit us. But not today, I went in and out in a few minutes. I got home and found Pretty Pillion had made fresh rolls and I had one just as it came out of the oven. What a great ride today!

Back