1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Just Ride.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jim, May 10, 2019.

1. Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Nah... threads good enough.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    We're neck and neck...
    20190424_145228.jpg

2. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

[​IMG]

Hard winter here too...:p

peanut, geedubya, Scripto VU and 6 others like this.
  3. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    haha mine was gone on the first 90 degree day

Cecilcvn75 and gggGary like this.
  4. Cecilcvn75

Cecilcvn75 No worries, easy day

5. Beags64

Beags64 XS650 Addict

I'll play along... 100_0362.JPG

peanut, geedubya, Wulfbyte and 5 others like this.
  6. fredintoon

fredintoon Fred Hill, S'toon. Top Contributor

Hi Pete,
    my outlook ain't detached, it's blurred.
    Back when I rode my Heritage Special long distance without a sidecar I was returning to Saskatoon from the Handhills Small Bike Rally.
    Stopped to gas up in Rosetown SK, just about 110KM from home and noticed the huge slate-gray clouds to the east.
    Put on my blue & black whole-body condom and rode into the storm front, hoping the rain would hold off for a while. Yeah, right.
    A few minutes later, PANG! The first of the big fat raindrop hit my visor. Soon after, the visor is rain-soaked and I slow down to 90kph
    Then the visor fogs over so I crack the visor open to peer under it's lower edge and slowdown to 80kph. Then SPLAT! the raindrops
    start hitting my glasses - - - I ride the last 50km home on the hard shoulder at 40kph squinting under the visor's lower edge and
    over the top of my fogged-up glasses.

peanut, MaxPete, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  7. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    ^One dark morning I hit pea soup fog that coated my visor with water. When I raised it, my glasses got coated with water. I managed to get my glasses down on the tip of my nose so I could see over them. Only had a visibility of 10 ft, so didn't need glasses... If it's just rain, you can wipe your visor with your left hand when you need to see a little better.

gggGary and geedubya like this.
  8. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

I clean my visors (and MC windshields) with various spray "wax" products. Rain runs off so fast visibility isn't a problem. I've had several pinlock helmet visors now, they really work for anti fog. Too bad my preferred helmet doesn't have one. :poo:

peanut, Jim and Mailman like this.
  9. Jim

Jim The thrill of victory and da agony of da feet. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

RainX :D

peanut and Wulfbyte like this.
  10. gggGary

Yeah I got rainX for plastic overall I prefer the cleaner waxes sposed I'll have to pony up for one of the "ceramic" miracle in a bottle finishes next. Not to mention one bottle hits all the shiny stuff on the bike.

Jim and MaxPete like this.
  11. GLJ

GLJ If you can't laugh at youself you shouldn't laugh Top Contributor

If you have a "duck billl" on your helmet just tip it down until the rain doesn't hit your glasses. Raced for years with Scott goggles, a "race face" and a "duck bill". That was with an open face helmet. Road bike used a full face. Behind the windshield, just flipped the visor up if it was raining.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Meddy, peanut, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  12. gggGary

Dint take pics but went out on madness and slow cruzed round town at sunset for n hour or so, lots of folks out and about on a beautiful evening, Kind of an appreciation ride for those that gave all.

MrBultaco, peanut, Moabite and 4 others like this.
  13. GLJ

Sad day for WI. Bart Star died. Great player, good coach and a better person. Remember watching him play. Those were good days.

14. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Man! I haven’t heard the term race face in a LONG time! :laugh2:

When I was a teenage boy, tearing up the desert on my dirt bike, my protective equipment consisted of an open face Bell RT helmet and a pair of old lace up work boots.
    2542A2B3-0E39-4950-B230-73E59917A61F.jpeg

Everything in the desert has thorns , including the bushes. After a few times of coming home and digging thorns out of my knuckles, I bought a pair of early Moto cross gloves, remember these?
    1295FA2E-D66E-428D-BA26-8C86E872D683.jpeg
    Nothing but a pair of leather gloves with strips of rubber sewn on the back , but they worked.

But the race face! For those who haven’t seen one, you drilled your helmet and screwed snaps on the side and simply snapped a mouth guard on your helmet. Oh and I had the mandatory duck bill visor too! ;)
    E6AEA66F-24EC-4B4B-B67F-F6D0BC23B797.jpeg

Meddy, Greyandridin, gggGary and 4 others like this.
  15. GLJ

My race face snapped to the bottom of my goggles. If I remember right I had a Bell motostar. Even though I rode enduros and hare scrambles motocross gloves were the way to go.

Edit
    I think I'm was wrong it was a RT. Motostar's were full face. I liked open face for racing.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    gggGary, Jim and Mailman like this.
  16. Moabite

Moabite XS650 Enthusiast Top Contributor

Moab, utah
    ...is that you under the helmet in your younger days?

gggGary and peanut like this.
  17. geedubya

geedubya geedubya Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

G'day,

I use a product called "Plexus", don't need much water runs of similar to "Rainex"
    and a can lasts a looooooooooooooooong time.

GeeDub

18. Mailman

Ha! No that’s just a photo I snagged off the Internet. But my set up was similar.

Jim, Moabite and gggGary like this.
  19. Greyandridin

Greyandridin XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Went for a ride yesterday afternoon ended up in Forest City MN about a 90 mile roundtrip from home
    The county roads are a blast to ride on Minimal traffic plenty of curves and the small town people are great
    and the 2 beers we had were ice cold And the only gas pump was of course out of order

Attached Files:

20. Mailman

That looks like a nice destination. I wish we had a few quiet , leafy lanes like that here where I live.

MaxPete, Wulfbyte, peanut and 2 others like this.