Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exceptional Raymond! You learn something everyday. Funny how cars, (& bikes), become classics. I suppose it's because they are inherently beautiful. I had a '64 TR4 with a Surrey top in my second year of university. My brother-in-law was dealing at the auctions, bought the car and couldn't move it so he sold it to me for $1700 (AUD).It was, perhaps, the most captivating British sports car of its time and an absolute "chick magnet", despite its rust and shoddy condition but, it had mechanical issues, particularly with the SU's and I needed somewhere to put my surfboard and my mates. I sold it for $1500 and bought a Fiat Riviera with board racks and a camping body. Thought I'd done well. This isn't mine - those 35mm pictures went the way of the Dodo, but it gives you the idea. Always loved that "speed bump" over the carbies. These days, you can't touch one, in running condition in this country, under 50 grand. Doh!!

Attachments

• TR4.png
    TR4.png
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Fiat Riviera.png
    Fiat Riviera.png
    944.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
For my friends in the northern tier. Does this suggest that the powers that be want me to take Tuesday off and go ride? I notice my chicken strip on the front tire has gotten to be much wider. I think this is a good thing but I'm not so sure. This is a city street where I live basically a paved over stream bed.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 12.40.17 AM.png IMG_20210125_125023338.jpg

Last edited:
Two Many and I took advantage of mid 70's Texas day to go hunt down and kill some BBQ. Stayed mostly on local county roads. Great ride and conversation. Even came across another Victory rider

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_142019413_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210130_142019413_HDR.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20210130_135006299_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210130_135006299_HDR.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20210130_165407799_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210130_165407799_HDR.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20210130_134256254_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210130_134256254_HDR.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 139
David your so right on all points. The ride was great. Just cruising along country roads taking in the sight's. It's always great to talk about technical subjects but both of use live out where the west commences and have been hunkered down so the conversation wanders aimlessly. One thing we talked about is what an amazing age we live in we we daily converse with people around the world The photos of the area where they were parasailing you posted were so cool. Where I live we go through long periods of drought separated by flooding. Here people hope for hurricanes (cyclones) to come inland to dump rain on us. It was Two Manys first ride since upgrades on the Vegas and the longest ride I've made on the R3. We both agreed that the R3 is very much a descendant of the CB350 until 7000 rpm and then it shows it's RD350 heritage. The reality is at this age I prefer the CB350 persona and rarely get above 6500 RPM . The bike is braver than me and if I pucker a little the bike has it covered.

Runnin' an RD350 up through the gears and feelin' it come up on the pipes never got old. That what this R3 feels (and sounds) like?

It pulls like the CB from about 2500 up to 6000 or so. then it takes off all the way up to 11500. The RD's make quiet a bit more power and the R3 does not want to loft the front wheel like the the two strokes but pretty impressive for a 325cc 4 stroke. The poor thing is spinning at 6500 RPM at 60MPH. It was very busy on the interstate at 80.

Two Many and I took advantage of mid 70's Texas day to go hunt down and kill some BBQ. Stayed mostly on local county roads. Great ride and conversation. Even came across another Victory rider

Yeah, great to get out and ride!
Thanx again for picking up my Vegas (3rd time down on that heavy thing).
Having a healthy ridin' partner is quite handy.
Apparently it don't like rough gravel.

That other Victory rider posted a "Howdy" on the Vic forum.
These things are almost as rare as the XS-650.
Especially down here in Harley-land...

...Did you give Steve some crap about ignoring us?
The reach of the XS mafia is long, verrry long.

Haha, yeah, I think that was a prerequisite.

Sorry 'bout the long absence.
Have too many irons in the fire, and I'm spread out thinner than an Amish phonebook.

Plus goofin' with the Vegas.

Recently acquired and mounted the beyond-rare factory tachometer kit,
And a dual-probe temp gauge, for ambient air and oil temps.
20210126_NewTachKit.jpg

20210129_131930(1).jpg

Also swapped-out the flyscreen for the bit larger StreetShield.

Absolutely pickled tink.
Comfortably cluttered up there.

The Vegas is also sporting a prototype gadget, kinda requires relearning how to ride. Yesterday's romp was a good workout with the thing...

Last edited:

The Vegas is also sporting a prototype gadget, kinda requires relearning how to ride. Yesterday's romp was a good workout with the thing...
You need to get a clearance from tower before you launch? :)

Last edited:

That other Victory rider posted a "Howdy" on the Vic forum.
These things are almost as rare as the XS-650.
Especially down here in Harley-land...

Haha, yeah, I think that was a prerequisite.

Sorry 'bout the long absence.
Have too many irons in the fire, and I'm spread out thinner than an Amish phonebook.

Plus goofin' with the Vegas.

Recently acquired and mounted the beyond-rare factory tachometer kit,
And a dual-probe temp gauge, for ambient air and oil temps.
View attachment 183952

View attachment 183953

Also swapped-out the flyscreen for the bit larger StreetShield.

Absolutely pickled tink.

Dang... I've flown airplanes with less instrumentation.... ;)

I should add that he didn't really fall over, the river gravel looked like snow in front of a snow plow at his front wheel so he couldn't move forward so was stuck holding the Vegas at.a precarious angle..Just had to help hold it up while he got the side stand deployed. The Vegas is a beast.

Back