Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
72* and breezy great day to hit the border on S.VA...Kerr Lake..whole lotta water here...
Fast with class...;)
20210224-145226.jpg

20210224-145626.jpg

Posted these shots in Artb's Oil Leak thread. Probably doing a bit of hi-jacking there - sorry. Anyway, recent ride into our local "mountain" rain forest. Cool and spectacularly green! These shots are taken in the car park of a wonderfully romantic restaurant called "Songbirds". Didn't go in this time but will dress for the occasion next trip. Bikes leaking a little oil, (that's why I posted in Art's thread), but, at least I'm upright.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 138
Posted these shots in Artb's Oil Leak thread. Probably doing a bit of hi-jacking there - sorry. Anyway, recent ride into our local "mountain" rain forest. Cool and spectacularly green! These shots are taken in the car park of a wonderfully romantic restaurant called "Songbirds". Didn't go in this time but will dress for the occasion next trip. Bikes leaking a little oil, (that's why I posted in Art's thread), but, at least I'm upright.
Cheers

Man! That is beautiful! :geek:

Temp got to almost 60 today. Decided to take the XS2 for a ride. Hasn't run since last fall. 2 primer kicks with ignition off. Started first kick with ignition on. 35 smiles later back home. No snow on the roads. Still some left off the roads.
upload_2021-3-8_16-9-52.png

After swapping out the iggy coil and getting my first of 2 Covid-19 vaccinations, I needed to test ride and celebrate. Well a sunny afternoon added to the road calling. Off to the Carl's jr in Sahuarita again. I went via Ajo Rd- Mission Rd-Duval Mine Rd. Came back the reverse route. It was late so I couldn't/didn't take pics. I hope to take some next time. The new coil is a success!

After swapping out the iggy coil and getting my first of 2 Covid-19 vaccinations, I needed to test ride and celebrate. Well a sunny afternoon added to the road calling. Off to the Carl's jr in Sahuarita again. I went via Ajo Rd- Mission Rd-Duval Mine Rd. Came back the reverse route. It was late so I couldn't/didn't take pics. I hope to take some next time. The new coil is a success!

You have some nice open roads down there. Very pretty riding!

So do you up there! I like US-60E meets AZ 79 ,past the Arburarium, the tunnel,Top of the World to AZ 77 S. So many changes in scenery. Woody to Rocky and back again. I hope to do it again soon. Supersition Mt. Park is great. Down here, the ride up Mt Lemon is a summer fave. Sonoita Hwy is great and once in Sonoita, any of the 3 possible direction are great. Sierra Vista/ Fort Huachuca is a commom destination of mine. Bisbee or Tombstone are possible and nice rides.

Imagine riding into Tombstone, trying to catch a glimpse of Kurt Russell, Burt Lancaster, James Garner, Hugh O'Brien or Kevin Costner. Surely those places aren't real?? Gotta go West before I pass on.
As for that snow! Whole place must be muddy as hell when it all melts. What a diverse world. It's 5:59 am here on the Coast, I'm in shorts, no shirt and the sweat is trickling down my sides. I blame the hot coffee!

Imagine riding into Tombstone, trying to catch a glimpse of Kurt Russell, Burt Lancaster, James Garner, Hugh O'Brien or Kevin Costner. Surely those places aren't real?? Gotta go West before I pass on.
As for that snow! Whole place must be muddy as hell when it all melts. What a diverse world. It's 5:59 am here on the Coast, I'm in shorts, no shirt and the sweat is trickling down my sides. I blame the hot coffee!
Oh David, Tombstone with the OK corral shootout is alive and well. It's on Front st if I recall correctly. There's a Boothill cemetery there and another in Dodge City Kansas. Been to both. Both tourist driven with stagecoach rides. Worth the trip with lots to see and do. And stuff to buy. LOL!

Attachments

• 6DF19BAF-EE8E-40C7-A9FC-6733AF024E50.jpeg
    6DF19BAF-EE8E-40C7-A9FC-6733AF024E50.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 131
  • A287619D-0F73-4341-90D3-301CA2E97EC0.jpeg
    A287619D-0F73-4341-90D3-301CA2E97EC0.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 783C38B9-78CA-4074-81DD-80E2CF41455B.jpeg
    783C38B9-78CA-4074-81DD-80E2CF41455B.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 109
Hey Mailman, my bike is nowhere near and clean as yours, but I do enjoy it!

Your bike is great! There’s a lot to be said for being an original survivor. That’s what I was going for at first, but some things I couldn’t save and the more I replaced it just kinda got away from me! :D

Back