1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Just Ride.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jim, May 10, 2019.

1. Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Nah... threads good enough.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. YAM277

YAM277 Yamaholic XS650.com Supporter

A good throttle, in a bad hand, can be lethal. Only takes a second to be a fool forever.

Jim and jetmechmarty like this.
  2. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Makes me wonder what Yam277 did?

Adamc likes this.
  3. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Up nort camping this morning.
    A comfortable 47f
    Beemer working well. 200 miles up here yesterday . Gotta admit I kinda like it. poor Signal pics later lol

Jim, ThatXS650Guy, Mikey and 2 others like this.
  4. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

20210915_071038.jpg
    signal-2021-09-15-071503.jpg
    Chef Phil on the way.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 10:48 AM
    Adamc, GLJ, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  5. Mikey

Mikey got muscles in his head that ain't never been used XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

6. YAM277

Hey! You're such a witty fellow! lol

thuban likes this.
  7. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Wow! That’s beautiful on the lake! I’d bet that same view of that lake during fall colors would be spectacular!
    E4E611B1-56A8-4500-AAD1-39C4C4D78FA9.png
    I’m not surprised you like that bike, there’s a reason that’s BMW’s best selling motorcycle and it’s been voted motorcycle of the year by cycle magazines several times.

thuban, gggGary, Mikey and 1 other person like this.
  8. gggGary

With electronic suspension adjustment it works well for shorter folks too. :poke:
    Phil caught a mess of bluegill, yummy din din.
    20210915_175513.jpg
    Dessert was strawberry cheesecake.
    Sunset
    20210915_183851.jpg
    before the campfire.
    Ok I'll stfu now. :laughing:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021 at 3:19 PM
    Mikey, Raymond, Adamc and 6 others like this.
  9. Mailman

Man that just looks like a postcard! So pretty.
    C4700509-0B39-4563-8E2C-C1FFFC21809E.jpeg

Raymond, thuban, gggGary and 3 others like this.
  10. YAM277

Just Beautiful! I'll snap some pics of the fall foliage up here in Pennsyltucky soon! That lake is a smooth as silk! I've seen fishermen up here catch bluegills by the Home Depot bucket! Too boney for me. Catfish, Perch or Trout any day!!!

thuban, jetmechmarty, gggGary and 3 others like this.
  11. gggGary

Phil is a master fillet-er not a bone in the plateful! Everything needed to make that dinner was carried on his concours along with all his camping gear. He's a master packer, organizer.
    concours.jpg

The BMWood hauler. :cool:
    20210915_124010.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021 at 7:13 AM
    thuban, Mailman, Jim and 3 others like this.
  12. Mailman

That Phil is a handy guy to have around! How does he like that Concours? They have a very enthusiastic fan club, they’re supposed to be just about indestructible! I’ve even looked at them from time to time.

You gonna get some knobbies for your GS so you can do a little cow trailing? :)
    30D9DC37-6142-4641-B0B9-9C02BBD81CE7.jpeg

Mikey, thuban, gggGary and 1 other person like this.
  13. gggGary

He's coming up on 90,000 miles on it. 5K mile camping trip out west this summer.
    Yup, Shinko 705's, rear arrived today.
    750.jpg
    They're marketed as an 70/30 tire. 95/5 is more likely for me (and most riders)
    Did about 20 miles of gravel roads with the firewood strapped on.....
    No one says I'm smart..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021 at 1:43 PM
    Mikey, thuban, jetmechmarty and 2 others like this.
  14. thuban

gggGary, if your gona go camping all the time and make some of call 1-800-talk-dirty cause we can't do it, How about a bike trailer? I see a lot of them. Do they have to be registered or tagged separately? Looks like they would be easy to build?

gggGary, Jim and Mikey like this.
  15. gggGary

Wisconsin doesn't require trailer plates for small trailers.
    But...... about 40 years ago I saw a Harley pulling a trailer peaceful as can be on the interstate, he had to crank the bike around to avoid a car that cut him off, the whole thing turned into a shit show, the trailer f'd them. I wasn't in a position to stop but think they died. I swore I'd never pull a trailer with a bike.
    One up I can haul everything I need on the bike. Weather gets ugly, there are motels and I have a credit card.

16. thuban