kaw 1000 ltd

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
mate just bought a 1977 kaw 1000 ltd , was a private usa import as wasnt imported into aust by kaw , this model was suppose to be rare and big money in the usa , he paid 11500 oz dollars without rego ,,,,,gave him a hand picking it up and very nice cond as spent most of its life on display at a bike shop and now with new tyres and brakes reconed , anyone have any info and a rough idea of what they bring in the usa (or even aust if anyone know of any being sold ) , this is pure curiosity on my part as never heard of this model and cant find any valuation on them ,, as i said pure curiosity as hes already bought and paid for it

1653343924568.png

Had a friend owned a smaller version of the type I once drove a short ride .. OK ride.
His started to vibrate probably a carburetor problem or engine mount point and he traded it in for a larger Virago.
A potential problem is that low mileage bikes from those years - been in display for longer time can have dried up valve stem seals and can smoke
Dont know if specifically Kawasaki
If so it needs some expensive job to get fixed .and maybe a carburetor job

can be a good looking bike but Nothing for me for those sums but people like different things
CB 750 or Z900 or GPZ 900 that can be why it is rare. Had Stiff competition

i might have the wrong yr by maybe 1 yr , but a mate of his said he found 1 up for sale in the states for 30 grand us, this sounded strange to me , wondering if his mate got it confused with the z1000h which was supposed to be made for only 3 months in 1980 (from what iv read in wiki ) still its a good cond bike and on those values definitly he got a good buy for here .. was the 30 grand bit that got me wondering ,, his is a carb model not fi ,,, hr also said it was his model that was worth the money not like the slightly later ones

thanks for the help in satisfing my curiosity and especially for the 2 valuation sites (should come in handy for the future ) ,looks to be a good buy for here but not the lottery win that he thought he was getting ,,, im not going to burst his bubble though just let him enjoy his new toy and find out in his own time

The Kz900-1000 are gaining in value but still not quite up there with the Z1900. I sold 2 KZ900's and 1 KZ1000 because I didn't feel like restoring them because there value was not the strong. That was 5 years ago. Maybe I should have hung on to them. I always considered the LTD less desirable but opinions have changed also. You don't see many Z1900 bikes coming up for sale so the KZ models are increasing.

Back