Kick Starter question

generallee

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy and I wired up my bike this afternoon, we also installed the pamco and the banshee swap. I tried to kick over the bike and the kick lever wont budge. I kicked it over the other day after I put oil in it and it was fine. Could something with the banshee swap or the clutch push rod have something to do with this. And yes I checked to make sure it was not in gear.

Thanks for the help.

yes i did. I put it back on and tried it with it on. still the same results a stiff ass kicker.

Also unrelated to the kick issue the carbs are leaking gas out of one of the holes on the face of the carb inlet were the filters would slip over. I have the carbs that have a single cable. Stock mikunis bikes a 82.

ok the gas stopped leaking and I played with the clutch adjustment and now the kicker lever moves freely. I'm sure it has something to do with the clutch adjustment. Anyone have any tips?

I have tried everything today to try and get this to work. I put a new clutch lever assembly on it. Would that have anything to do with it? I used the original clutch cable that was on the bike when it was working.

Back