Kickstart for rearsets

XSevive

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
just about finished my cafe build, thought id share some of the details, one issue was kickstart fouling footrest, i used a yam dirt bike , cast steel knuckle,alloy lever,bolts straight on,even says "Kick Starter" on it in case i forget !!

20190308_130127.jpg

Will be interesting to see if "alloy lever" can withstand the rigors of kicking over a 650 4 stroke twin....

Will be interesting to see if "alloy lever" can withstand the rigors of kicking over a 650 4 stroke twin....
i figure a 650 twin is actually one 325cc at a time, its from a high compression 400cc singe four stroke,that required a 19mm shaft ,which is big for a dirt bike, forged alloy is pretty tough stuff so should be fine, probably hardly use it anyway ,its a 75'motor and the button start is working fine...time will tell i guess,
Heres a pic of the chassis a few months ago FZR front /rear ends

20190327_143908.jpg

yes SR500 tank, cant remember where i got the seat about 5 years ago when i started the build, only got back on it a few months ago ,i shelved the project when my wife got sick .i modified the tail piece considerably ,the sidecovers i made from scratch.

I ended up using an RD400 kickstarter for the same reason, to clear the rearsets. It does flex a bit, as it wasn't made for such a big compression engine, but works. I use the e-start 99% of the time though so that I don't over-stress it.

Another question! What fork is that? Brembo caliper without adapter looks the biz! And where did the discs come from?

just about finished my cafe build, thought id share some of the details, one issue was kickstart fouling footrest, i used a yam dirt bike , cast steel knuckle,alloy lever,bolts straight on,even says "Kick Starter" on it in case i forget !!

View attachment 138902

What model is this from? I’m going to face a similar issue in the future and I love the look of this lever.

Daniel.

The combination of this forum and Ebay is bad for my wallet!
Just bought a kickstarter myself. Will see if it goes on the RD350 or the XS

calipers and discs are TRX850 ,forks are FZR400 but im going to swap em for some FZR600 thundercat with adjustable preload and dampening ones i have ,,the 400 ones feel a touch undersprung, most yamahas use 100mm mount spacing

Back