1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Kickstart only 1975 xs

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Vanisleguy, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Vanisleguy

Vanisleguy XS650 New Member

Hey All,

I currently have a 1975 XS650 which my best buddy is helping me build while I live in Cairo, Egypt. I'm a teacher at an international school.
    The whole plan is to keep the bike as naked as possible, but I feel like I'm going to have to bit the bullet and put a battery on somewhere to power the lights and whatnot. Does anyone know what the smallest I can go with, 4-cell? I'd really like to go with the cleanliness of a MotorGadget set-up, but it sounds like I'll need something for it all to work.
    The bike itself has a DavidBird HT frame with 4 inches of stretch and 2 inches of drop, and a Hugh's Hand built Complete CDI system.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, like I said, I want it too look as naked as possible.

Cheers!
    Darrell

gggGary likes this.
  2. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

According to the Antigravity website, the 4-cell would be too small for e-start. However, the 8-cell should work, having as much or more cold-cranking amps vs. the original equipment battery, and is tiny by comparison. It's a little on the "spendy" side, but top shelf quality. I'm planning on using one on "The Basketcase" when I get that far... (don't nobody hold their breath, it's going real slow) And don't forget to send us lots of pictures! (we're nosy :wink2: )

3. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Kickstart only?

The one with the independant ignition power?

The tiny and inexpensive 12volt 0.8AH SLA battery has had some success here.

http://www.xs650.com/threads/small-battery.1493/