Kickstarter Question??

xscessivecompulsive

Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live
Reaction score
Hey Guys, was just wondering how much travel back should the kicker have when its in its resting position? The other day when I was replacing my clutch plates and I was putting on my side cover and the kicker basically slide off. So I reinstalled it per the manual, and I think its right but when I grab the kicker I can move it back a good 5 to 6 inches without flipping out the end to kick it?? I havent tried to kick it over yet as I dont wanna jack something up! I just cant remember it having that much travel back, or maybe because I never tried to grab it and move it back??

Thanks in Advance,

XsC

I just checked mine, it goes down 4" before it starts to engage. Besides hooking the return spring on it's boss and properly preloading it, there's a drag clip like on the #4 starter gear. It needs to be located correctly in it's "slot" as well, shown below at about the 5:30 position .....

KickerInstall.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks 5twins, I was thinking about going out and trying to kick it over slowly with the key off,or the plugs out and see how it feels! Mine has about the same amount of travel back as yours or maybe a little more. I just cant remember it having that much play going back, but like it said I never tried moving it when it was resting.

XsC

Back