Kindle "Fire"

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Since I am a complete book worm I upgraded my Kindle and bought the new Kindle "Fire". Wow....wow! I love this thing. For $199.00 I got the best book/music/movie/web thing I could find. I'm not a "gamer" or computer wiz so I don't need all the ipad stuff.
It's a really great piece of equipment.
I'm using it now to write this, lol.
Only thing I don't like is that it only has Wi-Fi and not 3G, but I have Verizon Fios wireless at my house and that's where I mainly use it.
Check it out if you are a Kindle fan.

Since I am a complete book worm I upgraded my Kindle and bought the new Kindle "Fire". Wow....wow! I love this thing. For $199.00 I got the best book/music/movie/web thing I could find. I'm not a "gamer" or computer wiz so I don't need all the ipad stuff.
It's a really great piece of equipment.
I'm using it now to write this, lol.
Only thing I don't like is that it only has Wi-Fi and not 3G, but I have Verizon Fios wireless at my house and that's where I mainly use it.
Check it out if you are a Kindle fan.

Glad to hear you are loving it. I am just now considering buying a reader tablet. Now that I'm hearing how much people love the "Fire", I'm thinking I may go ahead and pop for one of them. Question: can you run a music player program from it? (like iTunes)
I just found out yesterday I can put books on my iPhone. Had no idea I could do this before I started looking into other reader tablets.
So I now have "Moby Dick" (free) and Stephen King's latest "11/22/63" on it. Pretty decent for just reading text.

I'm not sure about other forums, like itunes, but I can download music from Amazon using the Fire. I can also download audio books from Audible.com. I can then plug it into my home stereo and listen to books/music thru that system as well.
However, the Fire does not have "text-to-speech" like the plain Kindle. So you will have to buy an audible book in order to listen. But I like the narration of audible books anyway, instead of a computer voice reading to me.
"Shall we play a game?"
All this is downloaded thru the Kindle, no need for the computer.
And because the Fire is hooked to the web, if you have a wireless router, you can go to your itunes page and listen to them, BUT you have to be connected to the internet.
If you download music and store it on the "device" you will always have it. Since the storage on the Fire is smaller than an ipad, Amazon has the "cloud", which is extra storage, but can only be accessed via the internet. You have the option to switch which is "cloud" or "device" in order to move, say books you have read, to the "cloud" in order to free up "device" space.
It's totally worth the $199.00. I haven't used my laptop in a couple days.

Here is the site with all the technical stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-A...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1336839942&pf_rd_i=507846

And the itunes: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx22RABVVI7U59H

Hope that helps

Good Stuff,
My wife is a Librarian, she just wrote a blog about ebooks http://blog.kdl.org/?p=8488. Later this week she's giving an interview on a local collage radio station on the subject.
Last Christmas I bought her a Sony eReader, she loves it. Myself, I put pdf docs, like the carb guide on our tablet to read.

Ya, it's all what you like. I love my Kindle and now have the Fire, which is a tablet. As I said before I'm not a gamer or need to use it as a laptop replacement, so it actually does more than I need now.
Although, there is still something about reading a book. But ereaders are just so wonderful.

Back