King Kenny

Don't remember a lot of racers on Nortons, but I'm kinda partial to them because when I was 12, my brother had a 62, 650 Norton Manxman that he punched out to 750. Metallic blue frame and tank. Very fast, (he said), but required constant maintenance. When he owned my XS, he said his Norton was much faster! It was kinda like this.
62 Norton Manxman.jpg

Attachments

• 62 Norton Manxman ad.jpg
    62 Norton Manxman ad.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
'73 was the first year for the front disc and for 850cc too(if I recall correctly). I had one and it was a great ride. Front brake felt wooden. It worked but not as good as other bikes later in the decade. Handling was great. The Isolastic mounts really smoothed the engine vibes above 1500 rpm. A real torque bike. Wish I could have kept mine.

Great stuff, Skull! Palmgren didn't mention the name of the Long Island track, but Roosevelt Raceway had rubber on it. I guess they raced there for 2 years, then the owners stopped it because they were destroying the rubber. For those not of the NE, Roosevelt Raceway was for Trotters. After I saw that race, I setup my motocross 125 and 250 for 1/4 and 1/2 mile in Accord speedway, NY and Cobleskill, NY. Ah, the good old days! When we were fearless and indestructible! :hump:

Back