King queen to stock seat conversion

Gibson

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to re shape the foam, and re-cover a "king queen" seat with a standard style seat cover? I think it is built on the same pan, but I'm not sure.

Hi Gibson,
if it's the factory KQHB seat, yes you can.
I did one a while back because I didn't fancy the way the seat looked nor did I want that tail to be in the way if I ever needed to bail out in a hurry.
It takes hacksawing off the pan's upward tail extension and welding on a curved sheetmetal patch to bring the pan's shape back to that of a normal seat.
The foam is sawn short so you have to glue on a new tail end and reshape it.
The appropriate year Saddlemens replacement cover will fit OK.

Thanks much! I m not sure who made the seat. It does not have a built in sissy bar or anything, so the tail may be ok as is. Are these usually built on a stock shape pan? Does anyone know if the Mikes XS cover is good fit and quality, or is there a better one out there for less $? The seat is comfortable, but I just want to return to the stock look...

Thanks guys! I purchased the Saddlemens for 68 bucks from Superstore. Ill see how it goes... It will be nice to get rid of the bulky looking saddle that is there...

Back