led signal lights not working after installing electronic flasher???

leodr

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I'M back.
Just bought led lights for my signals and an electronic flasher and guess what, it is not working. All lights come on very dim and flash. What could be the problem. Flasher is an electronic one I bought at princess auto SKU 8172744 rated 1-10 bulbs, 1-10 amps circuits rated 20 amps at 12VDC , 2 prong. What do I do???
/LEO -1982 xs650sj heritage special.

Check your connections and grounds . I just re-did my signals yesterday , put on a pair of short stalks from XS direct, then cut down some stock signals and made my own set for the front. I had the same problem, the aftermarket connectors are 18 gage and the stock connectors on the bike are 16. they seemd to fit, but they didnt. Had to cut them off and replace them .

Check your connections and grounds . I just re-did my signals yesterday , put on a pair of short stalks from XS direct, then cut down some stock signals and made my own set for the front. I had the same problem, the aftermarket connectors are 18 gage and the stock connectors on the bike are 16. they seemd to fit, but they didnt. Had to cut them off and replace them .
I do not understand since everything was working fine before I changed to electronic flasher and led lights. How could connection and grounds be a problem?? I will try to remove bulbs and put them on one by one to see if I can find the problem.

hey!! I just came back from the garage and guess what. I put leds in back and original incandescents in the front and it works. I guess flasher needs a certain load to work???? I guess this is the way I have to do it ? I save at least 27w x2 draw from my battery.
May I will try the superbrightsled LF1-S flat flasher, if I am sure it will work??

hey!! I just came back from the garage and guess what. I put leds in back and original incandescents in the front and it works. I guess flasher needs a certain load to work???? I guess this is the way I have to do it ? I save at least 27w x2 draw from my battery.
May I will try the superbrightsled LF1-S flat flasher, if I am sure it will work??

Sorry for the confusing post. I thought you installed new fixtures , not just bulbs and a flasher. I was just relating my own experience with aftermarket electrical connections, they are sometimes a bit smaller than stock , they almost seem to fit but you still have to cut them off and replace them.

Yes, the LFS-1 flasher will work. I responded about it on another thread. You might take the flasher you have back and exchange it for a different flasher, one that isn't load sensetive.
Leo

Back