Leslie's Tracker Build

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
RacerDave and Skull are mythering me,,Dave even accused me of Hijacking a thread:yikes:,,,,as if.:laugh:

So under pressure I am belatedly starting my tracker build thread.

I bought a 1980G XS us model import.

Put it back together just to see if she run, cleaned the carbs and fresh petrol.

Hooked her up to my car battery and she started in seconds on the button.

I let her run for 10 mins then tried the kickstart BINGO third kick:).

She was in a garage in bits in Northumberland & The Borders and she had been stood

since she was imported from the United States in 1998, the lad was going to make her

into a chopper (SAD TWAT) stripped her then bought a Harley Ferguson.

DSCF4008.jpg

RacerDave and Skull are mythering me,,Dave even accused me of Hijacking a thread:yikes:,,,,as if.:laugh:

So under pressure I am belatedly starting my tracker build thread.

I bought a 1980G XS us model import.

Put it back together just to see if she run, cleaned the carbs and fresh petrol.

Hooked her up to my car battery and she started in seconds on the button.

I let her run for 10 mins then tried the kickstart BINGO third kick:).

She was in a garage in bits in Northumberland & The Borders and she had been stood

since she was imported from the United States in 1998, the lad was going to make her

into a chopper (SAD TWAT) stripped her then bought a Harley Ferguson.

DSCF4008.jpg

DSCF3996.jpg

Nice base to start with. I would have liked spoked rims, even steel, as I would have re-rimed to 18" rear. The hubs seem to be hard to get over here. And you already got the single sided exhaust header.

Keep us posted.

Frank

Nice base to start with. I would have liked spoked rims, even steel, as I would have re-rimed to 18" rear. The hubs seem to be hard to get over here. And you already got the single sided exhaust header.

Keep us posted.

Frank

Frank,
Got a bloke near me (Bilsthorpe) called NRP Exhausts he makes full sets of exhausts to a high standard mainly for the classic racer boys..

I am looking at having one either side of the bike bit like the one below

2-Gabe650-037_fs.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll have to get to a couple of swap meets and see what's about. So far all parts have been internet purchases, but it's so easy and comfy.
The Beaulieu May Auto Jumble is on this weekend and they always have some bike stuff on. I'll have a wonder round.

Racer,
I have,nt forgot about the tank just give me a couple of days

Just looking at this option Too not messing you about but I have got to get it right

R6GasCap.jpg
[/IMG]

Leslie, in your words, "No worrie's mate". I sent you a pm last night with the cost. I like that tank with the R6 cap, but it's not a tracker tank. But neither are rear set's like you have. I think you are building a cross between a tracker and cafe. More like a good old USA hotrod.

Yes,
You are right,,I like the look of the US flat trackers, but i want a Brit twist to it.

Mag wheels Pro Taper bars, digital speedo LED rear light aprilia style.

I love the YZ/MX Tank,,,but now i have seen Franks from the south coast i am having a crisis as I can use my original XS tank but add a modern twist with the filler cap.

Hope I am getting my ideas across mucker (mate)

Leslie "The Loyalist"

Hey, Skull accused you of hijacking, not i. Stop mythering with me!

WHO me, :hump:

Leslie, The Roadster, 74-79 have the centered gas cap, 76-79 have the same type of caps as the specials and recessed into the tank. The tanks are 4 gallon amd look better on the bike i think

Back