Leslie's Tracker Build

Howard thanks for the sump filter conversion kit, it is not as low as I thought when I fitted it

oilfilter008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

oilfilter009.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

oilfilter001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I fitted the sump filter kit to help keep my motor in tip top ship shape condition, I got the kit from Howard of smedspeed.co.uk

leslie

Also, that engine looks as though it's been leaking steadily for a while (the spoo all over the kickstand spring and in the fins cast into the bottom of the engine.) Are the XS650s prone to piddling on the shop floor a bit? Or is that area of the engine just prone to a bit of slow and steady weepiness?

Jeeter, yes it allows a spin off filter to be used, the oil splashed up from the oil change I carried out after fitting the kit.

I have not spotted any oil leaks as of yet.

Leslie

Jeeter, yes it allows a spin off filter to be used, the oil splashed up from the oil change I carried out after fitting the kit.

I have not spotted any oil leaks as of yet.

Leslie
AH! Great news then. Thanks. I grew up cleaning up after my dad's Triumphs (196?? 500 TT bike and a 1967 650 Bonnie). And my Sportster wasn't exactly the most well potty trained bike either. I slept in racing oil stains in the floor of the van on the way home from various tracks enough times that I think the smell of that stuff is engrained in my sinuses.

So, I'm glad the XS650 has better manners than all of that.

Ey Up lads,
been to the Kevin Schwantz night at Chesterfield Motorcyles Clay Cross in Derbyshire, brilliant talked for over an hour. You forget what a good rider he was even more so if you take into account he rode the worst factory bike (Suzuki) and won a world title.

Anyway we could not get near Kevin afterwards as I wanted a photo of him sat on my flat tracker, lucky me who was there Sir James Witham, the brilliant superbike racer. I can still picture him flying around Cadwell on the yammie factory YZF750 in BSB.He sat on my tracker BRILLIANT Bloke even for a Yorkshireman.

photo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Design of yokes/trees

AJP%20manufacturing%20copy%20LESLIES%20FORK%20YOKES%20Layout1-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AJP%20manufacturing%20copy%20LESLIES%20FORK%20YOKES%20ON%20YOKES%20%20-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

leslie

Attachments

• VIEW ON YOKES LESLIE'S FORK YOKES 23-09-14 BCC COPY-Layout1.pdf
    87.3 KB · Views: 239
  • VIEW YOKES ON FORKS LESLIE'S FORK YOKES 23-09-14 BCC COPY-Layout1.pdf