Lesters Swing Arm bobber, Brat type build thread

Thanks guys,
Here is a quick mock up so far....

12636298883_628758557d_c.jpg

Cheers
Lester

Ketis, yea I really dig them..... Mine dose not look too bad, the welding of the tank is real nice TIG work BUT the tabs looks like they have been welded by the drunken apprentice.... with a stick welder at best. Its things like this I don't understand.... why make a beautiful tank and shit on the tabs????

Lets see how your looks on the bike...

Lester

Lester, I love the rear fender you used. What is it and can you take some pics of how you mounted it?

Thanks man. You are putting together one inspiring build.

Thanks Sci85,

The fender you mentioned is a xs650 front fender that I welded in about 25mm
I haven't sorted the mounting yet but it will be hanging from a Sissy bar and following the swing arm set low on the tire.

Lester

12123952294_8442dfe29c_c.jpg

12441046185_50db449107_c.jpg

I should have figured you would be doing something difficult haha. What is that premade fender? That looks more to my skill level.

Btw, I'm following along as I'm doing one that's very similar with the sprung bobber but I'm using a different tank.

I should have figured you would be doing something difficult haha. What is that premade fender? That looks more to my skill level.

Oh you like the ribbed duck billed fender.... yea I banged that out of an old fence post...
Waaahahahah.... just kidding, I an pretty sure its a 7west metal fender... but I'm not 100% sure. I had to do minor fitting to the radius and it was just right. I only wish it was a little wider, an inch more in total would be perfect.

Lester
:D

Hey Guys and Gals,

Here is a LOOOOOONG over due update, the thread died, my fault as I didn't keep it flowing. Anyhow I did keep the flow in the garage. I just finished up my wife's bobber and she is over the moon with it.
Keep in mind this is a beginners girl bobber that woun't get too much attention from the law. The electrics are all stock just moved.
Hope you like: (still working on the tooled leather for the seat)

full

full

full

full

PS My bike wount be done until next summer.... going a different direction....LOL

Thanks shorty, over 300 viewings and finally somebody gave a shit.
What happend to this site?

Cheers
Lester

Thanks shorty, over 300 viewings and finally somebody gave a shit.
What happend to this site?

Cheers
Lester

Back