Lesters Swing Arm bobber, Brat type build thread

Hey Scabber, Carb,
Thanks, its surprising how much work goes into small things like that.
I'm not having much luck getting this thread rolling again, thanks for your support.

Scabber.... remember 220 is in kilometers.... just right really....lol, its a stock metric speedo, I did away with the Odometer... the wife gets easily confused.... lol but don't tell her I said so :)

Have a great weekend guys

Lester

Love the headlight and the blinker setup. I want to add blinkers in the same location on my current build. Nice work man.

Hey Johann,

Thanks, yea the wife as mentioned just got her MC permitt so she wants all the stock electricals to be working. Mine will be stripped.... especiallt for blinkers.... the XS is the most modern bike I have ever owned, All my other bikes are 50s-60s so I am not used to blinkers and I don't want to be the twat you see riding down the road with the blinkers on the whole way.

Forgot to post this:
Its a seat I just finished for a friend of mine, he chose the design and didn't want it too bling bling. The design was used with permission from the very talented Christian Marsh of Xian Leather.
The seat pan and pad is the Biltwell slim line. Nice quality Product.

12636613034_d6f3779486_c.jpg

12636283603_d890e17b33_c.jpg

Cheers
Lester

Jdizon inspired me to make a model of the electrical box that I need. My cardboard model is not as fancy as his foam tank but it sure it help visually. What you guys think?
I think I'll start hacking at it tomorrow.

12092935153_6b1cec6584_z.jpg

Lester

Thanks guys, yea it needs to be alittle bit tallet dosen't it.
I'll impliment that when I start builting the thing. I really don't like el. boxes but its just too many components to 'hide' here and there.

Lester

Hi Lester!

Your headlight looks nice! I have the similar one, from old bike, but when I placed next to original Yamaha's light I found it too big and wasn't sure how will looks like. You encourage me to think again about using it. :)

Hristo

I did this to mine and built an acess panel on the other side
full

Hey Carb, I remember Your set up... real nice, give a bit of fortification as well.
I need mine to be removable as it might all be removed one day to go batteryless... so Box is it.

Hi Lester!

Your headlight looks nice! I have the similar one, from old bike, but when I placed next to original Yamaha's light I found it too big and wasn't sure how will looks like. You encourage me to think again about using it. :)

Hristo

Hey ristis, I happy to hear that. Do a mock up and show us.

Cheers
Lester

Getting back to that wheel/hubcap idea. I have thought to do that for years. Maybe if you look into adding a backer to the wheel instead of concentrating on the hubcap??? I have a set of old 16" wheel covers in a box in my garage. I always wanted to use them,and never did.Oh well,some day.

That box looks nice. I need something similar myself. Would you be willing to make me one?

Thanks Sci85, Sorry I cann't help you out making out, I don't have time and shipping from Norway would probably kill the venture anyways.
Tell you what I will do.... I'll post a bunch of Pictures and if you like the result of the box you will have a pretty good idea of how to make one.

Getting back to that wheel/hubcap idea. I have thought to do that for years. Maybe if you look into adding a backer to the wheel instead of concentrating on the hubcap??? I have a set of old 16" wheel covers in a box in my garage. I always wanted to use them,and never did.Oh well,some day.

Dusty... yea I really like the Pontiac hubcaps but I have scratched it from this build. A 16" hubcap would fit better. I know Cadillac had some nice 16" ones in the 50s.

Cheers
Lester

Progress on the boxs:

12235953055_da193f476a_z.jpg

12236533386_199bd1fbd3_z.jpg

12236135563_e23c10b8cb_z.jpg

12235954325_ded6ef8799_z.jpg

Now I need to tack the hinges on. I've spent so much time on this thing. Hope its Worth the effort.

Lester

Looking great Lester. And thanks. I will look forward to thr build up and keep the pics coming.

Back