me likey seaty :D want one of those soooooo bad me sell kidney

thats terrible mate...: theres definitely some finger marks on the exhaust :laugh:

just kiddin ...you've done a great job ... it looks like new . Wish mine looked half as good.
I reckon you should submit it for next years calendar:thumbsup:
Why thank you Sir, (Peanut), lots of bloody hard work and end result is great. I love my XS650, she now rev's harder, sounds sharper and looks the goods

Why thank you Sir, (Peanut), lots of bloody hard work and end result is great. I love my XS650, she now rev's harder, sounds sharper and looks the goods

it would be good to hear how she sounds maybe a video of a run ?:wink2:

Headpipe 1.75" (45mm.) OD x 1.65" (42mm.) and Headpipe Torque Inserts

silencers SuperTrapp 4" Megaphone - open end
Sanny would you tell me where you sourced that fantastic seat ?:wink2:

thanks sanny that sounded great considering you hadn't done final tuning . Those VM carbs are so much better than worn out originals I am tempted to buy some but first I must buy a seat from Heiden :thumbsup:

JoeBarrick1.jpg

Not my bike, but just wanted to congratulate whoever's it is, the best looking XS (TX) i've ever seen. If anyone knows them, send my regards.

Never a stupid question, all 1975, trying to keep the bike in as original as I can, also the tank has plenty of imperfections in it. When replacing the petcock seals you could see the paint as being original. Side covers are a tad dinged, still have the metallic paint though, it's been touched up with a black in some spots.

Great looking bike mate! Im originally from Townsville, living in Gladstone at the moment so i am always traveling through your neck of the woods.

Hi all,

a few pics of my xs. I put this one together as my camping bike. I go for week long trips a few times a year and like to camp as cheaply as I can so I set it up to hit the dirt roads up here in Canada. I do all my own work in my home shop and do everything on the cheap if I can. By no means am I claiming to be good at this and I don't think my bike is great but hell it gets me where I want to be and in the 2 months or so I've had it on the road Iv'e put about 7000kms/4350 miles on her. I'm still working out bugs (mostly my own mistakes) and have waay more plans in store this winter.

Cheers!

As I wait for my 79' Special to arrive, I've been envisioning what I want to do with it

Your bike is that envisioning. Crazy how similar.

Though I'm not sure how I'm going to do it without that amazing shop you got.

I'll try.

But yeah, nice bike, bud. Had to give you a holler.

Thanks for the information!

great project :thumbsup:...
should keep you out of trouble for a while :laugh: !

Just finishing first Yamaha build and have gone for first ride. Still chasing a few carburetor gremlins such as being too cold blooded. May have to go back to stock main jets. Restored Harley's, Suzuki's, Honda's, BMW's. Triumph's, but this is my first attempt at a Yamaha. It was an '81 XS650 done with a Phil Little Storm conversion.

Only other mod will be matching colored fly screen. Will keep stock mirrors for now as I have bar ends on my Thruxton and they add quite a bit of width. It will depend a lot on how hard I end up riding this bike whether I add bar ends and rear sets. For now and this summer, it is time to break it in.

Back