As everyone can see it´s a work in progress...:) But some new downpipes and a few other bits it´l be fine.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
79 650 Special-Twin Mikunis, Pamco, Twin pipes, Radian swingarm, 19"rear wheel, Maxxis flat track tires, Custom decals of my own design. Fiberglass body work. 1" foam added to seat. Wrapped in yellow.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 314
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 319
JD I've been through Ames a couple of times, would have been a highlight to have seen one of your bikes. Nice work.
The seat rails are completely new pipe? Or were pie sections cut out of the originals to get them lowered?
The seat rails are the same on both?

Hi All. First post on the new format.
XS650 TRACKER 010.JPG
XS650 TRACKER 011.JPG
I added the fluids today and so far no leaks. If it passes the overnight test I`ll check the mag timing again and try to start it tomorrow. Maybe ride it around the block?

JD I've been through Ames a couple of times, would have been a highlight to have seen one of your bikes. Nice work.
The seat rails are completely new pipe? Or were pie sections cut out of the originals to get them lowered?
The seat rails are the same on both?
Thanks so much!
I cut out the seat rails completely and bent up some new tubing and tigged it in. I really like the drop seat aesthetic and being able to still have the comfort of shocks rather than a hard tail. Here is a triumph I did that on as well.
image.jpeg

On the first bike I cut out the front part of the frame and raised it about 5 inches, changing the rake a bit as well.

Have a good one!

Thanks so much!
I cut out the seat rails completely and bent up some new tubing and tigged it in. I really like the drop seat aesthetic and being able to still have the comfort of shocks rather than a hard tail. Here is a triumph I did that on as well.
View attachment 86205
On the first bike I cut out the front part of the frame and raised it about 5 inches, changing the rake a bit as well.

Have a good one!
love this triumph, & the others. great work man. makes me want to go a similar route with my next xs.

So I haven't posted in ages, but I do check in every now and again. Here is my "finished" product. My '79 that I have gone through and made to my vision. I just completed the first try on the seat. Thx.

DSC_6759_zpsqe7bxjxk.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_6759.JPG
    DSC_6759.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Back