1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's See The XS's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XS650RR, Nov 13, 2009.

1. pat_in_the_hat

pat_in_the_hat In the learning stage

[​IMG]
    figured id try surfing. now that i got a good photo i dont have to do it again haha

2. weekendrider

weekendrider Iron Horse cowboy Top Contributor

S.W. MO
    And on a rough ridin hardtail no less. You got your shot to prove it. I'd say job well done.

3. Lance Weersma

Lance Weersma XS650 Enthusiast

My first motorcycle project. Hasn't ran in 30yrs. Hope to start her up this next week.

Attached Files:

djdiablo likes this.
  4. Dude, that thing is clean looking.

Lance Weersma likes this.
  5. Goldy

Goldy XS650 Enthusiast

This one isn't mine, but a good friend has been working on it for the last couple of years. I helped him out with the finishing touches and looked after the last few things to get it on the road...The engine was done by Heiden Tuning almost 20 years ago and was never run. After getting the carbs set up properly, the damn thing goes like a scalded cat. Far more powerful than a std engine. 017.jpg 021.jpg

andrewc and TwoManyXS1Bs like this.
  6. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    Drum Brakes, Spoke Wheels and "RED" on top of that!!! I see It`s surrounded by a Norton and a Triumph too. This guy has his S--T together for sure.

7. bt24

bt24 XS650 Addict

8. Goldy

Goldy XS650 Enthusiast

Now, that's a really nice machine...classy!!!

9. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

I certainly hope you are not going for the British Wiring reliability! I have an MGB with the Morris blues!

10. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

11. CoastsideXS650

CoastsideXS650 Princeton Motor Works

Here are some pictures of the latest xs650 build. It is called the Lucy Bike. 1980 Special with a '75 tank and custom seat upholstery to name a few things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WT100, kevith and Paulrxs650 like this.
  12. Here's the finished article after a year of building

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Wow
    Watch out for that puddle
    Beautiful
    You are a frame genius

14. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

You cut that rear fender a bit close didn't you? If you get caught riding in the rain, between the water and dirt you might pick up, you could pack that tight. Did you hit something with the bottom of that fender? I love the colors on it, nice job.
    Larry

15. Thanks guys. Yes it's tight, it's certainly not going to be a daily rider. It's just taped off to avoid the usual gravel rash :)

16. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

The extra small rod brace on the curved section of frame is both functional at the weakest part of the frame and it looks good, I am afraid at 250lbs
    I would snap off the seat post, that could get pretty UUUGLY fast!

Paulrxs650 likes this.
  17. VonFuct

VonFuct Lower Class Leather

Here are some pics from a month ago of my '78, The Brass Bonsai. I'm in the process of trying a single carb set-up now. Finally got it jetted to the point where I could ride it again and she seems quicker to respond and snappier overall. Still need to do more tuning but it's getting there. Oh, then a couple days ago on little ride I snapped a clutch cable. Grrr...

Attached Files:

TwoManyXS1Bs and resto like this.
  18. Orion61

Orion61 XS650 Addict

Very nice I love the leather.